My new KEF Q500

Sukhi Gill

I have wired my new KEF Q500 with Marantz PM/CD 6004 after 2 years of Tannoy V1 awesome listening. Break-in period going on but Uni-Q drivers doing wonders...:yahoo:

Congratulations on your purchase.

I do think that the Q500 requires a bit more powerful amp to show its true performance.
The Marantz is a wonderful amp and is well suited for the small brother Q300.

Well nevertheless, its a good purchase.

Are you suggesting that they should be run at low volume as they are new ? :)
You must be kidding. Speakers are not like engines that need to be run in at lower speeds till they settle in. Their 'run in' or 'burn in' period only improves the sound as the surrounds and spider etc. gets more flexible with use. If you believe that capacitors etc. also need a 'burn in period' then that can be added too ! ;)

Hi, Sukhi
Congratulations for having a500, I used a 500, it's very good speaker, but doubt 6004 will drive properly.
Andis

Are you suggesting that they should be run at low volume as they are new ? :)
You must be kidding. Speakers are not like engines that need to be run in at lower speeds till they settle in. Their 'run in' or 'burn in' period only improves the sound as the surrounds and spider etc. gets more flexible with use. If you believe that capacitors etc. also need a 'burn in period' then that can be added too ! ;)

:) Its not "He should Run", Generally we not push new speakers or amp at initial stage ,Might be a fear of Some break down ;)

After we settle for say few Month, Suddenly we feel to test the potential of the Speakers where the Push would occur. - Its not a theory ,Just observation.:eek:hyeah:

I have added Marantz SR6009 with more power for Q500, Now its giving around 65wpc in stereo mode which is really good. PM6004 is good for bookshelves only not towers IMHO.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back