My new Marantz SR6009

Congrats for the new AVR!

Just curious on the last statement on HDMI surge protector:
is it not safe to connect the any DTH to AVR via HDMI?

Got my Denon AVR fried apparently because of reverse current / current leakage via Airtel DTH to Input port on AVR. The entire HDMI Board got burnt.

This is a common scenario and I also dint know about it.

Congratulations.
Whats special about Audyssey Gold? Any further improvement in sound?

Just from my completely novice taste of sound

After the Audyssey MultEQ XT, I did notice a great difference in overall involvement of all the channels, the accuracy and impact. I feel more surrounded now. I never liked the Audyssey correction with my Denon which was MultEQ.

Dynamic EQ is another great feature where Dialogues neither go under powered nor overtake entire other sound. The sound comes as one bunch.

Subwoofer handling is much much better, more precise and punchy (not punchy enough to get you off the sofa) BUT much in sync and timed with other sounds.

I am feeling better with my existing Speakers and am pretty sure with better Speakers the MultiEQ XT is worth engaging.

Hi, did you see internet wireless connection properly? Could you play some online radio music.? Otherwise I am not able to guess why your firmware upgrade gets failure notification.

Hi, did you see internet wireless connection properly? Could you play some online radio music.? Otherwise I am not able to guess why your firmware upgrade gets failure notification.

Yes pretty much, played some online Radio channels.

Just came to know that Marantz servers are down for few more days for some maintainance. I shall retry upgrade next week. Shall keep posted.

I am feeling better with my existing Speakers and am pretty sure with better Speakers the MultiEQ XT is worth engaging.

My Onkyo AVR has Multi EQ XT32 & paired them with the most underrated speaker (Sonodyne Sonus)...Audyssey results were such impressive and completely elevated movie watching experience...

So i think it is the room correction feature that improves the sound more than the speakers...

Before Audyssey calibration the movie performance was kind of satisfactory, but after calibration, it has got me hooked to watching movies :eek:hyeah:

Yes pretty much, played some online Radio channels.

Just came to know that Marantz servers are down for few more days for some maintainance. I shall retry upgrade next week. Shall keep posted.

Hi i have SR6007, when i did my upgrade it wouldn't work during IST Day time. Last resort, try upgrade at night.

My Onkyo AVR has Multi EQ XT32 & paired them with the most underrated speaker (Sonodyne Sonus)...Audyssey results were such impressive and completely elevated movie watching experience...

So i think it is the room correction feature that improves the sound more than the speakers...

Before Audyssey calibration the movie performance was kind of satisfactory, but after calibration, it has got me hooked to watching movies :eek:hyeah:

You need a lot of patience in that calibration process specially when you have Kids around .. haha .. but worth it.

Congrats for the new system..keep posting the experience...
I have heard about the surge protector for HDMI thro' amazon.com .. Can any one share the brand and availability in India/chennai (Normally during heavy rains/lightning i used to disconnect the dish cable to the Setup Box ) . Also i have a doubt that whether the surge protector will not affect the performance of FullHD ,3D content ?? experts please throw some light on it.

Hi Guys..

Decided on buying a pair of X2Ts in the next week or so...absolutely love the sound...needed help choosing an AVR to drive these. Thought about the Marantz SR6009. Would the AVR have heating, tripping issues if paired with the power hungry X2Ts?

Big thanks for the answers :)

Hi guys.

Im evaluating Denon X3100 (95k), Onkyo 828 (90-100K) and Marantz SR6009 (80k) for the PSB X2T FS speakers, without any power amp attached.

Here are a few considerations:

- Onkyo has a marginally muffled sound compared to Denon & the AccuEQ is not that great either. Read on issues with the HDMI boards soldering coming off due to heating for predecessor models. Yet, in terms of features (ATMOS & 135w/channel) & price on offer, Onkyo seems like a loaded option for the price.

- Marantz isnt known to be bright enough for movies though is a clear winner for music. SR 6009 is also high on features (wireless & otherwise). The upside with Marantz is the Audyssey XT, general overall reliability and will balance the sound of the PSBs. My 2 concerns - heard of issues where the unit would be "hanging" alot & that its 110 watt/channel. But "spirovious" mentions its worth the try.

- Denon AVr X3100 is fully loaded on features and is a good choice for movies & music alike. Considering its a slightly bass heavy AVR and that X2Ts have somewhat lacking bass (compared to Paradigm 11s), this may work out to be a better match. An Audyssey Gold advanced DSP & delhi based after sales service office is a big plus. Only concern - given the Marantz and Onkyo, this one is on the higher price (95k) bracket with lower output per channel 105 watts per channel. The Denon dealer says the 105 is "pure & raw output" unlike the others - whatever that means!!

Dropped the NAD option - low features & almost 1.25k

Any suggestions would be welcome on WHICH ONE IS SUITABLE - please consider the observations as well.

Big thanks to all

Congrats for the new system..keep posting the experience...
I have heard about the surge protector for HDMI thro' amazon.com .. Can any one share the brand and availability in India/chennai (Normally during heavy rains/lightning i used to disconnect the dish cable to the Setup Box ) . Also i have a doubt that whether the surge protector will not affect the performance of FullHD ,3D content ?? experts please throw some light on it.

I still have to order a HDMI Surge Protector between DTH and AVR and try it.
http://www.shopclues.com/image-hdmi-surge-protector-protection-against-esd-power-surge-lightning.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwm-aqBRD39YPqhbzthzYSJACFj-AtFXU32NgJhP1KOzHNlsf5Q8YIqUS5th5F1jb5Bm2klBoCEkTw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is cheapest one

Hi guys.

Im evaluating Denon X3100 (95k), Onkyo 828 (90-100K) and Marantz SR6009 (80k) for the PSB X2T FS speakers, without any power amp attached.

Here are a few considerations:

- Onkyo has a marginally muffled sound compared to Denon & the AccuEQ is not that great either. Read on issues with the HDMI boards soldering coming off due to heating for predecessor models. Yet, in terms of features (ATMOS & 135w/channel) & price on offer, Onkyo seems like a loaded option for the price.

- Marantz isnt known to be bright enough for movies though is a clear winner for music. SR 6009 is also high on features (wireless & otherwise). The upside with Marantz is the Audyssey XT, general overall reliability and will balance the sound of the PSBs. My 2 concerns - heard of issues where the unit would be "hanging" alot & that its 110 watt/channel. But "spirovious" mentions its worth the try.

- Denon AVr X3100 is fully loaded on features and is a good choice for movies & music alike. Considering its a slightly bass heavy AVR and that X2Ts have somewhat lacking bass (compared to Paradigm 11s), this may work out to be a better match. An Audyssey Gold advanced DSP & delhi based after sales service office is a big plus. Only concern - given the Marantz and Onkyo, this one is on the higher price (95k) bracket with lower output per channel 105 watts per channel. The Denon dealer says the 105 is "pure & raw output" unlike the others - whatever that means!!

Dropped the NAD option - low features & almost 1.25k

Any suggestions would be welcome on WHICH ONE IS SUITABLE - please consider the observations as well.

Big thanks to all

Prior to Marantz 6009 I was using Denon 2113 CI which is equivalent of X 2100. I always felt lack of punch with it. With Marantz its better. The Audessey XT is good for Movies. Had a bad experience with Denon after sales/service lately.

What specific features are you looking at when you say "feature rich"

Prior to Marantz 6009 I was using Denon 2113 CI which is equivalent of X 2100. I always felt lack of punch with it. With Marantz its better. The Audessey XT is good for Movies. Had a bad experience with Denon after sales/service lately.

What specific features are you looking at when you say "feature rich"

Most Important
- After sales service
- RMS per channel of atleast 100 watts plus
- Balanced sound for movies & music
- Reliability

Other important one
- Bluetooth & Wifi connectivity
- Auto Room EQ

BTW - Heard Marantz and Denon have similar hardware under the hood, being owned by same company.

A trusted dealer in Delhi (BassnTreble) recommended the Yamaha Aventage RX A 1040. Has all the features, fits the budget, reliable build quality, YPOA eq..only misses the bluetooth. Have read good reviews about it. Let me know if you think its a worthy contender!!

Last edited:
YPOA eq..only misses the bluetooth. Have read good reviews about it. Let me know if you think its a worthy contender!!
I find YPOA is not so effective as Audyssesy.Tried both so can tell you.Yes possible that new YPOA may be better than ealier series,still :)

Most Important
- After sales service
- RMS per channel of atleast 100 watts plus
- Balanced sound for movies & music
- Reliability

Other important one
- Bluetooth & Wifi connectivity
- Auto Room EQ

BTW - Heard Marantz and Denon have similar hardware under the hood, being owned by same company.

A trusted dealer in Delhi (BassnTreble) recommended the Yamaha Aventage RX A 1040. Has all the features, fits the budget, reliable build quality, YPOA eq..only misses the bluetooth. Have read good reviews about it. Let me know if you think its a worthy contender!!

Unfortnately neither Denon nor Marantz could impress me with Music with the combination of speakers I have. I have put up a separate Stereo setup which is way much better.

Congrats for your new AVR! I too own a SR6009 which is a beautiful sounding AVR, having a good balance between music & movies. It does not contain the chestness which I have observed in the tonal behaviour of Denon & Pioneer top models. Chestness is good for movies but it sounds awkward for music for me. Currently I have graduated to the next level with an upgrade over 6009, but still I have detained the thought of selling it and may later use it in another room.

Enjoy the sound!

So finally took a call & bought Marantz SR 6009, an upgrade over my Denon 2113 CI.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back