My new set-up

My present source has been Vinyl and Digtial (Aries G1/Brooklyn Mytek DAC1). I always wanted to get a CD player although i don't really have a large collection of CDs. It started ever since one of our HFV FMs visited my home in Chennai to get the Line Magnetic. He had got his Marantaz CD player and we listened to it thru Line Magnetic and the ATCs. The sound was full bodied and the vocals were rich.
Later, here in Shanghai I borrowed my friends Marantz during my initial days before getting the turntable and G1. After a lot of thought finally triggered the Jay Audio CDP. I had read raving reviews about Jay's audio CDT. Finally Jay's CDP arrived. I chose the CDP for the added flexibility of in-built r2r DAc.
I am thoroughly impressed with the built quality of Jay's and of course the sound is fantastic. Playing thru CDP I find the voice to be as on expected lines rich, dark and standing out. I am not comparing here between Vinyl, CD or digital. I think, I like of each of them. The pleasure of spinning CDs and not necessarily to keep on eye on the LP or constantly selecting songs from server / tidal is an added flexibility. Needlessly to say each of the sources sound different and nice catering to the mood and time of day or night :)

Attachments

• IMG_3631.JPG
    IMG_3631.JPG
    566.8 KB · Views: 149
After lots of deliberations, finally gave up to the better half to go wireless. Spent half day cleaning the rear of the TV stand and disconnecting the wires (wow the place now clean).
Connecting the Sonos ARC/Sub/ERA100 was a breeze (not to mention their fine packaging). Tuned the speakers with Sonos Trueplay. Initial excitement has now passed. Really enjoying the Sonos for movies. I didn't have a proper HT set-up i.e the floors, center and surrounds were different brands.
For music, I may be criticised. however, I found the yami 3070 was much much better. The Sonos is super easy to play. Going to have coupe of friends at home today... will provide more impressions soon.

Attachments

• sonos arc.jpg
    sonos arc.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 82
  • sonos sub.jpg
    sonos sub.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Sonos ERA100.jpg
    Sonos ERA100.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 116
Karthik,

Are you saying that you went wireless for your TV setup?
Or have you completely disposed off all your gear - Gryphon, Harbeth, LM etc?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back