My new setup from Lyrita Audio

Sharing 1st Picture of my audio setup from Lyrita audio. We took simple approach of Single ended tube amp with 300b tubes and 45/2a3 driver tubes. The speakers are built with Altec compression drivers which created smooth transition of music flow from my earlier setups of Harbeth/Tannoy etc. It will be hard to believe for many but this is different and can generate emotions with the music.
Lyrita system surprised me when I first listened setup in Delhi many years back and it created different image in my memory lane. Buy exploring different options even much more expensive options I was having some disconnect.

A Big thanks to Viren Sir for his simplicity to create beautiful sounding system with tight control of budget also. It took some time to set the system right in place with his support post delivery with small tweaks. Best part is he understand well about such issues and resolves very easily.

I will be posting my journey of different setups my experiences in few days.

With Viren Sir System can be Simple & Sweet Sounding and my system now have something which I was always missing.

Please reach out to me for more details. I am in Bangalore.
Looks pretty ! Have you tried his tube amps with any other speakers ? Would love to get your opinion on that. A lot of people have recommended Lyrita Audio amps.

Looks pretty ! Have you tried his tube amps with any other speakers ? Would love to get your opinion on that. A lot of people have recommended Lyrita Audio amps.
I have been using Lyrita amps for 10 years now. I got my GM70 in 2011, within a year I got his DHT pre and the 2A3 as well. While I do run them with my Altecs, a couple of us here in Chennai have experimented with other speakers as well. Back in 2011, I had Dali Ikon Bookshelves at home and the GM70 would easily drive them and it sounded glorious than any other amp I had used till that point. They will drive your speakers as long as they are high efficiency, min 90 dB sensitivity. The closer your get to 100dB sensitivity the better, especially for the 2A3 amp.

Sharing 1st Picture of my audio setup from Lyrita audio. We took simple approach of Single ended tube amp with 300b tubes and 45/2a3 driver tubes. The speakers are built with Altec compression drivers which created smooth transition of music flow from my earlier setups of Harbeth/Tannoy etc. It will be hard to believe for many but this is different and can generate emotions with the music.
Lyrita system surprised me when I first listened setup in Delhi many years back and it created different image in my memory lane. Buy exploring different options even much more expensive options I was having some disconnect.

A Big thanks to Viren Sir for his simplicity to create beautiful sounding system with tight control of budget also. It took some time to set the system right in place with his support post delivery with small tweaks. Best part is he understand well about such issues and resolves very easily.

With Viren Sir System can be Simple & Sweet Sounding and my system now have something which I was always missing.

Lovely setup Rajesh. Did you get the 288s or 802s for HF? Which LF drivers did you get Altec 416/515?
I am sure it sounds like a million bucks!

Welcome to the club. Well I have the Harmony One Speakers (fostex based) mated with his Lync preamplifier and EL 34 based power monoblocks. Got this system in late 2006.

there is something majestic about a tube amp. just brings a smile to my face :)

Can you pls tell me from where did you buy that table from?

Congrats @rajeshmehendiratta
Impressive setup.
I've tried Viren sir's amps & speakers. They are awesome.

Its very interesting. I had been following Lyrita for quite sometime. Somewhat I am convinced that its better to buy an Indian Audiophile system than imported. But I am slightly apprehensive about horns. Waiting for more feedback from lithiumnk

Its very interesting. I had been following Lyrita for quite sometime. Somewhat I am convinced that its better to buy an Indian Audiophile system than imported. But I am slightly apprehensive about horns. Waiting for more feedback from lithiumnk
Dear Kausik,

It will be more transparent and if you believe well managed horns will give you more pleasurer. Taking back seat will not help. Go and get experience of you can get chance.

I have experience with Klipsch. Aren't those Horn? But it was with SS Amps. Little bit of polite reply is appreciated.
I was on to the point because I personally took a lot of time to decide. That's why I told you whenever you get a change grab the opportunity to get feel of horns. They sound different and much better than Klipsch in my opinion. But at end of the day its choice. System will definitely be sweet sounding.

I was on to the point because I personally took a lot of time to decide. That's why I told you whenever you get a change grab the opportunity to get feel of horns. They sound different and much better than Klipsch in my opinion. But at end of the day its choice. System will definitely be sweet sounding.
It also depends on what kind of music we are listening. I know Klipsch is a bright variety. May i know what you listen to? I am going to use for Blues & Classical Rock.

Beautiful setup you have there Rajesh, what kind of music do you listen to. Can I also request you for more pics, close up of the amp.
Thank you and happy listening.

Looking neat and beautiful. Never heard the Lyrita set up but have heard wonderful reviews. Happy Listening

Hello All,

I am writing after March 2021. It took some time to set system right at my place and few trials with positioning of speakers etc.

I can say it’s different and I know many have questions about performance and versatility of system, type of music it can play etc.

I can say and assure all that system created by Mr. Viren Bakhshi is absolutely musical effortless, clean in delivery of details. Personally I am no big fan of heavy metals.

I can tell boldly that it’s not only for Jazz but capable of playing variety of music with a beautiful sound signature.

This system is able to deliver music with great transparency. I am not the right person to put words what I feel while listening music. I can tell those who want to experience magic created in the system can send me DM and I can try if I can be helpful in giving listening experience to few in Bangalore.

I know we can bur expensive and exotic stuff which I also did in the past. End of the day magic of sound will matter more rather that hifi sitting in front.

Best thing we did to choose is creating full DHT amp with 300b tubes and 45/2a3 driver tubes. 45 driver tubes are magic.

Getting this configuration from Europe and Japan is extremely difficult as most of designs are very conservative too In terms of diver tubes as there are few challenges associated with driver section.

We took a chance and are successful too.

Very soon I will be taking up new project with Viren Sir with new configurations yet to be decided.

I have given my feelings here at end of the day few may have their own opinions

Enjoy Music

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

There’s one more thing you can do to take your amp to its final level. Get a Mullard or Philips Holland GZ34 rectifier tube. You can do some research on the tube. You’ll get a substantial jump in clarity and sheer energy that seems to just load the room with pressure and power. Other rectifiers even a Mullard GZ32 drop more voltage than a GZ34 when rectifying AC to DC. This results in the amp having a softer sound, looser bass. The stock rectifier is very good and will remain in my rotation but nothing really comes even close to the NOS British or Holland tubes. The world has sadly moved downhill over the years at least in tubes. I’ve put some of my 12AX7s on sale to get some dough to buy one for my phonostage. I currently have a Philips Holland brown base GZ34 in the power amp and not one of the American 5V4G rectifiers I have or even the Mullard GZ32 comes even close.

Regards

Edit: I am assuming your amp uses the Russian 5U4C / 5C4S rectifier.

Last edited:
Hello All,

I am writing after March 2021. It took some time to set system right at my place and few trials with positioning of speakers etc.

I can say it’s different and I know many have questions about performance and versatility of system, type of music it can play etc.

I can say and assure all that system created by Mr. Viren Bakhshi is absolutely musical effortless, clean in delivery of details. Personally I am no big fan of heavy metals.

I can tell boldly that it’s not only for Jazz but capable of playing variety of music with a beautiful sound signature.

This system is able to deliver music with great transparency. I am not the right person to put words what I feel while listening music. I can tell those who want to experience magic created in the system can send me DM and I can try if I can be helpful in giving listening experience to few in Bangalore.

I know we can bur expensive and exotic stuff which I also did in the past. End of the day magic of sound will matter more rather that hifi sitting in front.

Best thing we did to choose is creating full DHT amp with 300b tubes and 45/2a3 driver tubes. 45 driver tubes are magic.

Getting this configuration from Europe and Japan is extremely difficult as most of designs are very conservative too In terms of diver tubes as there are few challenges associated with driver section.

We took a chance and are successful too.

Very soon I will be taking up new project with Viren Sir with new configurations yet to be decided.

I have given my feelings here at end of the day few may have their own opinions

Enjoy Music

Rajesh
In continuation to What Mr @rajeshmehendiratta Sir just said - let me share my story of meeting with Mr. Viren Bakshi on 4th September 21.

I was in touch with him from April this year when I wanted to demo his setup as he was Delhi-based which could not happen coz of covid situation. 6 months down the line I again got in touch with him requesting him for a demo so that I can have a reference on what I should expect from any speaker in general.

One fine day with his prior appointment I landed at his place this white-bearded gentleman welcomed me to his living room which most of us living in an apartment would relate to ( please refer to pictures).
- Bare basic wooden furniture
- Speaker was facing a big glass window and the rest of the wall had to glass Almira (perfect match for echo)
- Bare basic power cord and speaker wire's
- & on top, I see horn speakers :) ( till that time I was majorly focused on the tube amps so have forgotten about the speaker)

His chain
Marantz CD player >>Lyrita tube Amp >> Lyrita Speakers (dual driver - Horn Tweeters and 8 Inch Mid/ Bass driver)
Garrod LP Player >> Lyrita Tube Amp >> Lyrita Speakers

I spent approximately 2 hours at his place listening to Gazalas, Jazz, and coke studio ( Sunidhi Chauhan - Bichua to be specific) but definitely no modern music coz that was not my preference of music. My major agenda was to check the tonality of the speaker and staging.

I am not a sound/ music/ audio expert but I can surely tell you when Jagjit Singh is happy :) & Lyrita did make him happy. I could confidently say that all the instruments and vocals were sounding natural, crisp and clear.

This is not a comparison with any speaker in the market but anyone (in NCR specifically) who is "planning" for a stereo setup should talk to Mr. Viren about Lyrita at least he will have a far lesser chance of making the wrong purchase decision. - During the discussion Mr. Viren also told me that most of Lyrita buyers are already owners of hi-end HiFi setups so it takes far less convincing for him as they are already aware of what they would want.

Sharing few pics of his listening room for reference.

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-09 at 10.44.34 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-09-09 at 10.44.35 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-09-09 at 10.44.36 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-09-09 at 11.34.51 PM (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-09-09 at 11.34.51 PM (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-09-09 at 11.34.51 PM.jpeg

One wise man said - the musicality of speakers can not always be judged by specs and graphs.

Cheers

#soundissubjective

Last edited:
Congratulations OP; I have Audio Notes and have heard Harbeths and Spendor before so your experience with Lyrita speakers is some high praise. I would love to know what areas you had to give up or compromise upon if any when making this switch. Back in 2018 when I joined this forum and wanted to build a system Lyrita was in my cross-hairs, unfortunately being in a different city and not having seen it in person and flesh came in the way.
Please share details of AudioNotes you are using.

not sure how the music would be.. but the setup is awesome, from the look of it I feel WOW

Congrats on the new setup. Looks great. I have a similar pre and power from Viren, but with Hashimoto output trafos. The speakers are DIY Altec 288 HF and Altec 515B LF.

Once you settle down with your setup, my advice would be to add a good sub woofer and adjust to make it unobtrusive. You will hear an additional octave on the low end.

Cheers

Another update. We did small adjustment in Crossover and placement. New dimension available even there are no specific acoustic treatment arrangements available. Its still possible. Please DM to understand small adjustments which I made probably this can be helpful for your path to have goosebumps listening through your own systems.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back