My PMC Twenty5.23.

capgp

Background story : I had purchased Roksan Caspian M2 to go with MA RX6, at that time I was liking the sound but eventually it lead to fatigue. I was desperately looking for options to change my speakers but at same time I wanted them to go with my room layout.

Search for right speakers : I was keen on bookshelf , so I auditioned Tannoy DC SE and I wasn’t happy with the bass. Tried to audition KEF LS50 but the shop was shut due to the pandemic. So I read more and stretched my budget and auditioned PMC Twenty5.23 and Twenty5.22 arranged by Mr Khusrau Jilla at The Den, Worli. From the word Go Twenty5.23 kept impressing me with it’s soundstage, vocals, smoothness in bass and no fatigue at high volumes. I could literally feel the emotions from every track played. For some of the tracks the sound was similar between 23 and 22 but after few rounds I felt Twenty5.22 is not for my liking. I settled for Twenty5.23 as I felt it’s more natural sounding speakerand with Roksan it was even great. 043ACA5B-E288-45E9-9AB1-7D70328B5FC4.jpegA092BA85-C15D-45EB-B728-5866E7457EFF.jpeg

Background story : I had purchased Roksan Caspian M2 to go with MA RX6, at that time I was liking the sound but eventually it lead to fatigue. I was desperately looking for options to change my speakers but at same time I wanted them to go with my room layout.

Search for right speakers : I was keen on bookshelf , so I auditioned Tannoy DC SE and I wasn’t happy with the bass. Tried to audition KEF LS50 but the shop was shut due to the pandemic. So I read more and stretched my budget and auditioned PMC Twenty5.23 and Twenty5.22 arranged by Mr Khusrau Jilla at The Den, Worli. From the word Go Twenty5.23 kept impressing me with it’s soundstage, vocals, smoothness in bass and no fatigue at high volumes. I could literally feel the emotions from every track played. For some of the tracks the sound was similar between 23 and 22 but after few rounds I felt Twenty5.22 is not for my liking. I settled for Twenty5.23 as I felt it’s more natural sounding speaker and with Roksan it was even great. View attachment 58648
Hearty congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the PMC club :D

Do try to audition some naim amps with your speakers when you can. They are supposed to be a match made in heaven. Even I have a itch to try, and seems to be possible soon. Will report back with my findings, as I have run my 20.26 off different amplifications. All the best and enjoy your new sound :)

Hearty congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the PMC club :D

Do try to audition some naim amps with your speakers when you can. They are supposed to be a match made in heaven. Even I have a itch to try, and seems to be possible soon. Will report back with my findings, as I have run my 20.26 off different amplifications. All the best and enjoy your new sound :)
So I’ve heard. hope it’s Supernait 3. Will see If I’m able to audition them in Mumbai.

Congratulations 25.23s are the most popular in that series I think and should lovely

Search for right speakers : I was keen on bookshelf , so I auditioned Tannoy DC SE and I wasn’t happy with the bass. Tried to audition KEF LS50 but the shop was shut due to the pandemic. So I read more and stretched my budget and auditioned PMC Twenty5.23 and Twenty5.22 arranged by Mr Khusrau Jilla at The Den, Worli. From the word Go Twenty5.23 kept impressing me with it’s soundstage, vocals, smoothness in bass and no fatigue at high volumes. I could literally feel the emotions from every track played. For some of the tracks the sound was similar between 23 and 22 but after few rounds I felt Twenty5.22 is not for my liking. I settled for Twenty5.23 as I felt it’s more natural sounding speakerand with Roksan it was even great. View attachment 58648View attachment 58649
Congratulations on your purchase, I would like to know what's the current price of twenty.23, and will it suffice for a room of 20*16 feet, and does it match well with Primaluna tube power amp ? Or does it pair well only with ss?

Congratulations on your purchase, I would like to know what's the current price of twenty.23, and will it suffice for a room of 20*16 feet, and does it match well with Primaluna tube power amp ? Or does it pair well only with ss?
Contemplating change in plan?
You had the Aarka on order.

I feel Twenty5.24 should be apt because you have a bigger room. I have a small room hence I settled for 23. Wrt amplifier, I feel Mr Jilla ( Distributor) would be the right person to guide you on that. Here is his contact no. +91 98197 27055

I feel Twenty5.24 should be apt because you have a bigger room. I have a small room hence I settled for 23. Wrt amplifier, I feel Mr Jilla ( Distributor) would be the right person to guide you on that. Here is his contact no. +91 98197 27055
Thank you very much. I will contact Mr.Jilla

@capgp Congratulations on your latest acquisition. The speakers look gorgeous. Can't wait to listen to these beauties sing when I'm down next. Happy listening.

Congratulations brother, PMC are surely breathtaking, i am sure you are loving these. PS do get a thick carpet for the floor, it brings great results to overall musical experience.

Congratulations brother, PMC are surely breathtaking, i am sure you are loving these. PS do get a thick carpet for the floor, it brings great results to overall musical experience.
Thank you. They indeed are breathtaking. Carpet is the next purchase now, I’m planning to get 9 ft by 4 ft hand tufted wool, 14 mm carpet.

Thank you. They indeed are breathtaking. Carpet is the next purchase now, I’m planning to get 9 ft by 4 ft hand tufted wool, 14 mm carpet.
14mm is quite a good thickness, but why 9x4? 9x6 or 9x7 are a few standards for good design patterns.

Yes and it’s quite apt for small rooms.
I would definitely do that. Currently I’ve given my Roksan Caspian M2 for repairs as it had a DC Off set ( Popping sound from speakers while switching off ) once it comes I’ll find a way to take a video.

14mm is quite a good thickness, but why 9x4? 9x6 or 9x7 are a few standards for good design patterns.
Since my living room is small, by having width of 6 feet the carport tends to protrude into living area causing an obstruction and also making the living area look odd, Hence 9x4. Attaching a pic for your reference. 4847AC52-91C4-408C-BCAB-E7374C249B3C.jpeg4847AC52-91C4-408C-BCAB-E7374C249B3C.jpeg

If you have a carpet placement constraint, try building a QRD diffuser for the back wall of the speakers. The stereo image will become holographic if you are able to hit the right placement.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-06-27 at 8.15.21 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-27 at 8.15.21 PM.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 43
Since my living room is small, by having width of 6 feet the carport tends to protrude into living area causing an obstruction and also making the living area look odd, Hence 9x4. Attaching a pic for your reference. View attachment 58911View attachment 58911
Nice, set up! Seems perfect to tuck in audio :)

Imho, you could perhaps benefit from pulling speaker further into room.. Ideally at level of the pillar with just a hint of toe in... Also, sitting back against the wall will create pronounced bass...listening with atleast a feet from backwall will perhaps create a much cleaner image...

Nice, set up! Seems perfect to tuck in audio :)

Imho, you could perhaps benefit from pulling speaker further into room.. Ideally at level of the pillar with just a hint of toe in... Also, sitting back against the wall will create pronounced bass...listening with atleast a feet from backwall will perhaps create a much cleaner image...
Hi Jenson,

thank you

I tried doing that but the hearing distance comes just under 6ft. I’m planning to put some carpet and QDR

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back