My Review for Optoma H181X

nkchokshi

Hello Guys,

So i finally choose to go with Optoma H181X. Purchased 3 weeks ago from Amazon Global LINK

First of all my first purchase from Amazon US, so i was very worried, but the delivery was really good, and packing was not excellent but it arrived well.
It cost me about 42k. including all, i choose prime deliver in 3-5 days. so it charged me bit extra, but i was much exited and worried so i took that chance.

I had to chose between this one and Acer 5380 but this one is superior in compare to Acer, in all technical aspects.

This is my 1st projector, all installation and everything done by my self at home. Ive purchased 6x8 (105" Display )instalock manual screen cost me about 4500 Rs. and Projector mount cost about 1200. Purchased HDMI from MX, cost about 2500, and HDMI splitter for tata sky, cost about 800 Rs. And installation help from local electrician, for power cable extension cost about 800 Rs.

So overall gone very easy and very cheap, if do it yourself, i asked 2-3 home theater setup guys for same things they gave me quote of 22-25K. I purchased same things cost me about 11K. lol

I am adding here few pics from day it arrived. Ill post more pics of picture, in evening time. :)

LqLGYNK.jpg

SGkTZTT.jpg

PiLM69h.jpg

Picture Quality
Quality is really good, and i had actually seen Acer 5380, compared to that, Optoma H181x has good contrast ratio so it gives really great Black and colors are very bright, i actually have to lower down brightness. It has full 3d Support so it automatically takes 3d content, and also has 3 types of 3d option. SBS, top bottom etc.

Final words
Its a 720p HD with full 3d and 3200 Lumins projector. 1080 was going over the budget, as there were so many things still needed to buy, so i have to add pause on my budget. But i am really satisfied with the quality and my purchase, its a perfect. I actually saw Epson's TW550 full HD 3d, and compared to that mine looks even batter, so very happy with it.

Ill post more pics in evening time :) i cant wait to post review , as i waited 2 weeks, didnt got time to show you guys :)

Congrats on the successful purchase internationally. In how many days did it arrive? Waiting to see some pics. Keep them coming

Congratulations for your purchase!
Very nice & precise review.
Awaiting next set of images, particularly installation & screen.

Congrats on the successful purchase internationally. In how many days did it arrive? Waiting to see some pics. Keep them coming
Thanks all of you ;)

I've selected priority service, because I thought, more it will be on cargo, more chance of damage. So it actually came on date estimated by Amazon. 4 days only, awesome job. Delivering by DHL.

@aquarian09 I'm from Ahmedabad.

I'll add more pics. Today if possible :)

Hay all, as i said, i am adding here few pics of visuals of projector. just to get an idea, but since its mobile pics, its not that high quality but, overall really good results.

I havent spent full budget in Projector only because, I have been working out on my budget and gradually, and i am purchasing 1 by 1 things. Finally i have managed to finish this project, my decent Home Theater. :yahoo:

I have now Marantz SR5008 7.2 ch AV receiver (Awesome) with Yamaha Floor Towers NS 8900, LG Blue Ray, i dont remember model, TATA Sky HD box plus, Samsung LED 3D 50", Optoma H181x. I still need ceiling (POP) and wall colors etc. so room looks decent, so have to calculate all :)

By adding i am not just showing up, What i mean to say all who are looking, or planning to build their HT. please calculate properly of things you plan, and then purchase projector. Or any gadget. Because if vision is good full HD but audio is dumb, it will be again not worth of it.

Still its every one's choice,

i hope this images gives idea, let me know ill add more if needed :)
And yes please add your reviews, or room ideas if any one have. :eek:

Thats the first one & 2nd image , with no room lights. and TATA Sky HD box result.

7gzrCZZ.jpg

qGNdjVC.jpg

----------------
Now the blue ray, since i have, purchased a full sized screen instead of pure wide screen, because i have to hide my TV, with screen. So ive selected 16:9 full (stretch) in Blueray player, Otherwise projector shows amazing 16:9 HD.

Room with no lights.
8whnzQq.jpg

Room with 1 tube light ON in kitchen, still gives very decent view.
LfpKMa4.jpg

Room with 2 lights ON in kitchen :)
WLwPMhz.jpg

Added white flat pipe, for 2 HDMI's and electric wire.

n81kVqd.jpg

fbLQrDQ.jpg

Last but not the least, my amazing power house receiver
3C7G5Pr.jpg

Hay all after these 4 months of use, i want to say is Projector is rocking, amazing quality and product. Very happy with the quality, it beats some high end PJ in terms of Picture quality. :) ...

And after amazing projector ive found an awesome old Receiver, but really very powerful Pioneer VSX-AX3 THX Receiver its a freaking 18KG receiver. Awesome receiver, I never expected 10 Years old THX would perform like that.

Ive paired it with my vintage JBL J520M Bookshelf speakers, for 2 channel setup. Just wanted to share with you all.

Pioneer VSX-AX3
bKezEk4.jpg

Good Day all!

Hello Guys,

So i finally choose to go with Optoma H181X. Purchased 3 weeks ago from Amazon Global LINK

First of all my first purchase from Amazon US, so i was very worried, but the delivery was really good, and packing was not excellent but it arrived well.
It cost me about 42k. including all, i choose prime deliver in 3-5 days. so it charged me bit extra, but i was much exited and worried so i took that chance.

I had to chose between this one and Acer 5380 but this one is superior in compare to Acer, in all technical aspects.

This is my 1st projector, all installation and everything done by my self at home. Ive purchased 6x8 (105" Display )instalock manual screen cost me about 4500 Rs. and Projector mount cost about 1200. Purchased HDMI from MX, cost about 2500, and HDMI splitter for tata sky, cost about 800 Rs. And installation help from local electrician, for power cable extension cost about 800 Rs.

So overall gone very easy and very cheap, if do it yourself, i asked 2-3 home theater setup guys for same things they gave me quote of 22-25K. I purchased same things cost me about 11K. lol

I am adding here few pics from day it arrived. Ill post more pics of picture, in evening time. :)

LqLGYNK.jpg

SGkTZTT.jpg

PiLM69h.jpg

Picture Quality
Quality is really good, and i had actually seen Acer 5380, compared to that, Optoma H181x has good contrast ratio so it gives really great Black and colors are very bright, i actually have to lower down brightness. It has full 3d Support so it automatically takes 3d content, and also has 3 types of 3d option. SBS, top bottom etc.

Final words
Its a 720p HD with full 3d and 3200 Lumins projector. 1080 was going over the budget, as there were so many things still needed to buy, so i have to add pause on my budget. But i am really satisfied with the quality and my purchase, its a perfect. I actually saw Epson's TW550 full HD 3d, and compared to that mine looks even batter, so very happy with it.

Ill post more pics in evening time :) i cant wait to post review , as i waited 2 weeks, didnt got time to show you guys :)

Hi,
Congratulations for your purchase and can you please give me details about how this PJ is good comparing with Acer H5380BD.
next week i am planning to buy Acer H5380BD and still i am little confusion.
please advise.
Thanks & Regards,
Kumar

Hi,
Congratulations for your purchase and can you please give me details about how this PJ is good comparing with Acer H5380BD.
next week i am planning to buy Acer H5380BD and still i am little confusion.
please advise.
Thanks & Regards,
Kumar

hi kumar,
this is 1080p projector and acer is 720p one.
Acer H5380 is a sub $400 projector. If your budget allows you can go for full hd.
Please go through the below links and decide yourself.

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theatre-projectors-screens/54264-optoma-hd141x-hd-full-3d.html

hi kumar,
this is 1080p projector and acer is 720p one.
Acer H5380 is a sub $400 projector. If your budget allows you can go for full hd.
Please go through the below links and decide yourself.

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theatre-projectors-screens/54264-optoma-hd141x-hd-full-3d.html

@gcr no mate, optima 181x is 720p as well. When I bought it was 485usd and acer was 465. I just saw on Amazon this projector costs about 458 USD.

Link : Amazon.com: Optoma H181X Full 3D 720p 3200 Lumen DLP Home Theater Projector with 2 HDMI Ports: Electronics

Please read all users reviews on Amazon about it.

The big difference between them was. Optoma has 2 HDMI in, and excellent contrast ratio of 23000:1. And 3200 lumens. Which is excellent for living room. So you can watch in low room lights. Color processing is good. So I'm happy with it ;) let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

@gcr no mate, optima 181x is 720p as well. When I bought it was 485usd and acer was 465. I just saw on Amazon this projector costs about 458 USD.

Link : Amazon.com: Optoma H181X Full 3D 720p 3200 Lumen DLP Home Theater Projector with 2 HDMI Ports: Electronics

Please read all users reviews on Amazon about it.

The big difference between them was. Optoma has 2 HDMI in, and excellent contrast ratio of 23000:1. And 3200 lumens. Which is excellent for living room. So you can watch in low room lights. Color processing is good. So I'm happy with it ;) let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

oops my bad. I mistook it as hd141x. Thanks nkchokshi for correcting.I wondered why it look different. I saw 141x in pictures. It has lens in the middle.
regards
girish:)

Hi, yes Eco mode is enabled. :)

Well then you are not using the 3200 Lumens. I have my Acer in Eco too and I'm not using 3000 either. More like 2200. We sure are saving bulb life though. I only use mine on the weekend, so only 500 hrs after 6 months. :yahoo:

Well then you are not using the 3200 Lumens. I have my Acer in Eco too and I'm not using 3000 either. More like 2200. We sure are saving bulb life though. I only use mine on the weekend, so only 500 hrs after 6 months. :yahoo:

I don't get what you trying to say :rolleyes:

Just saying when looking for PJ people seem to be taken with lumens and we don't use them all cause most of use eco.

Ah yes that's correct. But it's most useful when we wanna use it in living room with some lights on. I have same kind of setup in my living room. But I never needed to increase brightness or view mode, by default is working fine in low lights.

Looking forward to Optoma and Acer in 1080p in the same low price range. In the mean time the 720p to me looks greater than I thought it would. I don't expect to upgrade anytime soon unless I get one as a present, which won't happen unless I buy one. :D

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back