My Review of E-Zone

ddeora

Hi Guys,

Just a heads up, avoid buying anything from e-zone unless you are buying in ready stock.

On Aug 15 weekend, I purchased a few items from them including 2 Plasmas and 1 Stereo Amplifier. I paid in full and was promised delivery in few days.

Its been over 1 week and so far only received 1 plasma tv. Also, no one (from Panasonic or E-zone) has come to install the tv yet.

Today when I called salesperson from E-Zone, he doesnt pick up phone. Finally when I call from another number, he picks up and tells me that it will take 1 more week for stereo amplifier and he will get back to me about second plasma delivery.

How do they expect people to pay full in advance and not deliver the goods up to 2 weeks later?

Basically, they may offer good deals but what use are the deals if they cannot deliver the goods?

I bought my Plasma from an eZone.

Purchased and paid in full on Sun,25th Jan. They promised delivery on Wed, 28th (since 26th was a holiday).

28th came and went.
29th the TV had apparently left the godown but never reached my home ;)
30th Friday, after loads of tough talking, got it in the evening.
Panasonic called on 30th, said they will come in the evening. No one turned up.
31st Sat Panasonic wanted to come, I said not required since I did not need wall installation. So they finally came sometime the following week to get the serial number etc.

All in all, in my case, it did not seem to be a inventory issue. It was more of a warehouse delivery issue. The warehouse and my house being situated at two extreme ends of the city .

A friend bought his PV8 with me on the 25th. He got delivery on 28th as promised.

Another friend bought his PV8 in April/May. I told him how to check the TV usage data from the service menu (from a thread here). He did and found that the TV had been used for 1000 odd hours :eek: He raised stink, eZone was bewildered but replaced with another set within a week.

Well u can trust these ezone guys, specially when they have this 50% sales, lot of times they are selling equipments which have been used on display or stuff which would not have proper packing or other issues, normally when they give such huge amount of discount is only in clearance sales.

I remember one of my friends buying a sony home theater for 15k which, whose MRP is 40 k, just because it was a display piece and was being used in the store for demo, he got 1 year warranty, but the speakers were packed in bubble sheet as their was no boxes or other stuff from original packing also, there was some user damage on the speakers which they had clearly told in advance , like some of the edges were broken, the grill dirty, and scratches ...

you can expect such things from big stores.. i heard many similar experiences from my friends. i too have an experience from e zone. i purchased one OTG, and inside the pack it was different model. then i had to give it back. they promised the delivery of actual model in two days, and that didn't happen. even though they had stock. finally i had to go there and collect it. then i decided that i wont buy anything from big stores unless they have ready stock. now also i used to go to ezone, but only for auditions and comparisons. only good with them is, wide range of displayed products. and need to mention; good for nothing sales staff.

Bought my PV7 from E-zone at Lucknow. Got delivery within 36 hours and installation within another 24. Must be lucky ....

Hi Guys,

Just a heads up, avoid buying anything from e-zone unless you are buying in ready stock.

On Aug 15 weekend, I purchased a few items from them including 2 Plasmas and 1 Stereo Amplifier. I paid in full and was promised delivery in few days.

Its been over 1 week and so far only received 1 plasma tv. Also, no one (from Panasonic or E-zone) has come to install the tv yet.

Today when I called salesperson from E-Zone, he doesnt pick up phone. Finally when I call from another number, he picks up and tells me that it will take 1 more week for stereo amplifier and he will get back to me about second plasma delivery.

How do they expect people to pay full in advance and not deliver the goods up to 2 weeks later?

Basically, they may offer good deals but what use are the deals if they cannot deliver the goods?

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Ordering and equipment and not getting it for a while is pain. We research, research and then buy with anticiption,exitement and DUD. Delaer ruins it all with delayed delivery.

Man, consumer service is not priority for some.

Better try with some other local dealers than these organised sectors. I had seen a lot of difference in the pricing compared to these in local shops (like Modern World, Vijay etc). Frankly speaking i had never bought anything from eZone before, had used them to see all the available options.

Guys,

Just as an update - Still not received the stereo amplifier from E-zone (tardeo). Its been over 3 weeks since placing the order and making the payment!

Dont know why the mods have edited the title of this thread :( I prefered the earlier title "Avoid Buying from E-Zone"

Only if we are able to create proper awareness of poor customer service and customers actually avoid these stores which hurts the stores' business, can we hope that these stores sit up, take notice and actually try to improve their service.

One of my friends bought PV8 from eZone Goregaon (Mumbai), They delivered the piece in 2 weeks. I told him to check the usage hours and found that the piece was demo piece with 700hrs of usage.. Then they replace the piece in 17 days... Really bad experience with eZone. I prefer buying my electronics from Viay Sales. I booked PV8 at saturday eve. I got the delivery on Monday afternoon and and got it installed on Wed eve..So till now I am lucky with Viay Sales..

One of my friends bought PV8 from eZone Goregaon (Mumbai), They delivered the piece in 2 weeks. I told him to check the usage hours and found that the piece was demo piece with 700hrs of usage.. Then they replace the piece in 17 days... Really bad experience with eZone. I prefer buying my electronics from Viay Sales. I booked PV8 at saturday eve. I got the delivery on Monday afternoon and and got it installed on Wed eve..So till now I am lucky with Viay Sales..

how do you check the usage hours?

Hi,

Me too had a bad experience at e-zone, Koramangala. Bought an LG HD LCD on august 14th, made full payment. Was promised delivery the next day.

15th. Sales guy said they received lot of orders and hence my delivery got delayed. And I will be getting it the next day.

16th. they are not even picking the phone! Went to the shop. Spoken to the senior manager sales LCD TVs, He apologized for the mix-up and promised delivery next day.

17th, even he is not answering the call. I made about 20 attempts and finally he picked up the phone. Again he made his promise for delivery next day.

18th Finally got it! and I found that the invoice was made on the 17th. Probably they purchased the item from LG after getting payment from me.

19th LG technician came and installed the wall mount.

Its sad that that e-zone don't care much for their customers and I am definitely discouraged from buying from them again.

Make sure they have ready stock before buying from them. If they say they have it at their godown... you probably don't get it the same day.

it is all because of, no stalk..........i too bought my Samsung LED 46" by making full payment and was promised to get deliver within 4 working days.....but took almost 10 days.......cause there was no stalk..........but i got one of the best deal.....MRP is Rs.1.5 lac....purchased at Rs. 1.0 lac. (independance day offer+discount, frm ezone Bangalore.)

cheers

Well that's a cool 33.33% discount. Are these things already so hard to sell that ezone is going to such an extent??

Well that's a cool 33.33% discount. Are these things already so hard to sell that ezone is going to such an extent??

What is so great? In electronics printed price is GENERALL high and many times the MOP ( Market operating price) is 25-30% Lower

See the % of discount against other retailer!

Always check printed prices of It parts and what prices you are paying.Anyway modern retailes are TOOO expensive for this IT parts like HDD ,Thumb drive ETC..

Guys,

Now ezone had finally decided to admit that they cannot deliver the item to me after sitting on my money for 1 month. They have agreed to refund my money. However, I have been following up with them for over 1 week and still not received refund in my account! Whats worse is that, ezone claims that they have already credited my credit card company, but as per my credit card company no refund has been recieved as yet so they want to charge me that amount. When I ask ezone sales guys to give me some receipt or acknowledgement that they have credited my account, they say that they don't have any such document that they can give me.

Finally tracked the manager today and asked him for to fax me some acknowledgement or reciept. Says his fax machine doesn't work! So I ask him to scan and email me copy so he says that even scanner doesn't work!

What kind of dog and pony show is this?

NEVER BUY FROM E-ZONE UNLESS YOU ARE PICKING UP THE ITEM FROM THE STORE.

MODS: Kindly request you to change the title of this thread to "NEVER BUY FROM E-ZONE" or "AVOID E-ZONE" so that other consumers can be forewarned.

Last edited:
I bought my Plasma from an eZone.

Purchased and paid in full on Sun,25th Jan. They promised delivery on Wed, 28th (since 26th was a holiday).

28th came and went.
29th the TV had apparently left the godown but never reached my home ;)
30th Friday, after loads of tough talking, got it in the evening.
Panasonic called on 30th, said they will come in the evening. No one turned up.
31st Sat Panasonic wanted to come, I said not required since I did not need wall installation. So they finally came sometime the following week to get the serial number etc.

All in all, in my case, it did not seem to be a inventory issue. It was more of a warehouse delivery issue. The warehouse and my house being situated at two extreme ends of the city .

A friend bought his PV8 with me on the 25th. He got delivery on 28th as promised.

Another friend bought his PV8 in April/May. I told him how to check the TV usage data from the service menu (from a thread here). He did and found that the TV had been used for 1000 odd hours :eek: He raised stink, eZone was bewildered but replaced with another set within a week.

please tell me how can you check the used hours of a lcd please....

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back