My Review of the IndiqAudio Diamond Achals

jjoyz

I started my journey with the PSB Alpha B1 and a Topping T20 amp. The amp was ok at lower volumes but I needed a bigger amp. So, I went for a Nad 326bee. Soon enough, my itch for more bass ended up me buying a Velodyne Impact 10. Then, I went for the Melodika BL40 towers. And then, the speaker bug bit again. This is all over a course of say 9-10 years.

I liked PSB Alpha's midrange but it wasn't doing justice to the music I listened to. Rock/Metal at highish volumes. Melodika was fine at high volumes but I missed the mids and vocals on these.

So, I was looking to buy new tower speakers to replace my existing Melodika speakers. I had already read a lot about Indiq Audio. So, I decided to go for it! Had a talk with Amit and zeroed in on the Diamond Achals. I went for a blind purchase as i live far away from Bangalore. I had been researching on and off for a few years but decided that this is it. I will buy these :).

The options for custom finishes was an added bonus.
The speakers arrived safe and sound. The packing was top notch. I loved my custom finish.

I'm still using my NAD 326bee and when I fired my speakers up for the first time, trust me, there were instant goosebumps. I don't know if it was due to me playing one of my favourite songs or hearing something I hadn't heard before, but still, needless to say I loved the sound!
The bass was very punchy.
The vocals are mesmerizing. The electric guitar sounded so real! Finally!

Now after a few months I can safely say that I love these speakers!
The bass is punchier and mids are still mesmerizing. :)

I had a placement issue with my previous speakers. My room is such that I can only keep the speakers kinda near to each other as there's a door in between. The soundstage of my previous speakers wasn't good if I kept them that way. So, I had to keep the speakers at a distance with the door in between that was neither looking good aesthetically nor was my listening position in between. But I tried the diamond achals both ways and the soundstage and everything else is still absolutely fine.

PC-->Topping DX3 Pro-->NAD 326-->Diamond Achals.
That's my usual audio chain and I play spotify and flacs in my PC.

The speakers sound great to me. The itch has kinda stopped. I may need to add a better amp in the future. Other than that, it's all good. For now. ;)

Thank you for reading. :)

We would love to see your setup!

That said, yes there are better amps than NAD 326BEE but don't ever sell it. Those NADs are dinosaurs who are extinct now with NAD moving to Class D from class A/B. I loved my 320BEE, will buy the similar BEE series again with blink of an eye.

Enjoy and Happy listening :)

I started my journey with the PSB Alpha B1 and a Topping T20 amp. The amp was ok at lower volumes but I needed a bigger amp. So, I went for a Nad 326bee. Soon enough, my itch for more bass ended up me buying a Velodyne Impact 10. Then, I went for the Melodika BL40 towers. And then, the speaker bug bit again. This is all over a course of say 9-10 years.

I liked PSB Alpha's midrange but it wasn't doing justice to the music I listened to. Rock/Metal at highish volumes. Melodika was fine at high volumes but I missed the mids and vocals on these.

So, I was looking to buy new tower speakers to replace my existing Melodika speakers. I had already read a lot about Indiq Audio. So, I decided to go for it! Had a talk with Amit and zeroed in on the Diamond Achals. I went for a blind purchase as i live far away from Bangalore. I had been researching on and off for a few years but decided that this is it. I will buy these :).

The options for custom finishes was an added bonus.
The speakers arrived safe and sound. The packing was top notch. I loved my custom finish.

I'm still using my NAD 326bee and when I fired my speakers up for the first time, trust me, there were instant goosebumps. I don't know if it was due to me playing one of my favourite songs or hearing something I hadn't heard before, but still, needless to say I loved the sound!
The bass was very punchy.
The vocals are mesmerizing. The electric guitar sounded so real! Finally!

Now after a few months I can safely say that I love these speakers!
The bass is punchier and mids are still mesmerizing. :)

I had a placement issue with my previous speakers. My room is such that I can only keep the speakers kinda near to each other as there's a door in between. The soundstage of my previous speakers wasn't good if I kept them that way. So, I had to keep the speakers at a distance with the door in between that was neither looking good aesthetically nor was my listening position in between. But I tried the diamond achals both ways and the soundstage and everything else is still absolutely fine.

PC-->Topping DX3 Pro-->NAD 326-->Diamond Achals.
That's my usual audio chain and I play spotify and flacs in my PC.

The speakers sound great to me. The itch has kinda stopped. I may need to add a better amp in the future. Other than that, it's all good. For now. ;)

Thank you for reading. :)
Great review! Indeed their product range is very musical and vocals are unparalleled. @jjoyz a quick Q, are you still using your chain with the Sub or just towers?

We would love to see your setup!

That said, yes there are better amps than NAD 326BEE but don't ever sell it. Those NADs are dinosaurs who are extinct now with NAD moving to Class D from class A/B. I loved my 320BEE, will buy the similar BEE series again with blink of an eye.

Enjoy and Happy listening :)
Thanks for the tip! My PSBs and topping are in my office setup now. So considering what you said, I won't sell and might move the amp to my office if i decide to upgrade it. :)

I'm attaching a picture of my current setup. As you can see, there's a door next to my speaker. It looks like the speaker is blocking the door in the picture but it's not. It's just taken in such a way that it seems so.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20211008_020508.jpg
    20211008_020508.jpg
    827 KB · Views: 266
Congratulations…
From the pics I feel the speakers are way too close to each other restricting soundstage width.

I auditioned the speakers over an year ago at Amit's apartment in Bangalore. Superb tonal balance, bass and lush midrange. Had to confirm twice with Amit if the subs were indeed turned off. Great value for money and definitely no slouch when compared to many other flashy brands. I have great respect for speakers from Elac, PSB, Tannoy and GoldenEar, and Indiq is right at the top of my humble list.

I auditioned the speakers over an year ago at Amit's apartment in Bangalore. Superb tonal balance, bass and lush midrange. Had to confirm twice with Amit if the subs were indeed turned off. Great value for money and definitely no slouch when compared to many other flashy brands. I have great respect for speakers from Elac, PSB, Tannoy and GoldenEar, and Indiq is right at the top of my humble list.
Hi Naren

Can you please state which models of Elac/ PSB/Tannoy you have heard and with what amplification vs-a-vs your Achals

Hi Naren

Can you please state which models of Elac/ PSB/Tannoy you have heard and with what amplification vs-a-vs your Achals
I've auditioned the Elac F5.0 (the first version of the debut floor stander), PSB X1T and Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6T. and GoldenEar AON3 (which I own). Hope this helps.

I've auditioned the Elac F5.0 (the first version of the debut floor stander), PSB X1T and Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6T. and GoldenEar AON3 (which I own). Hope this helps.
Thanks. Can you state which amps were used with the Elacs and Tannoy ?

Hey! Thanks for the reply.

I'm not using my sub now. I don't feel it's required at all with my current setup.
I currently have Platinum and off late only reading about Diamonds and thinking of upgrading them since my upgrade window is getting over in few weeks . Platinum's are perfect for me, it is the itch to upgrade. Really confused!

I currently have Platinum and off late only reading about Diamonds and thinking of upgrading them since my upgrade window is getting over in few weeks . Platinum's are perfect for me, it is the itch to upgrade. Really confused!
I listened to the Diamonds after listening to Platinum in an earlier audition. I found Diamonds to be much more forward though they mellowed down after the pre-amp was taken out of the chain and was plugged directly into Saptak. Amit acknowledged that Diamonds will not float everyone's boat and it is not expected to do so too. I am looking to start with Platinum as I realized the next series speaker is not necessarily more of what I want. However, Diamond continues the good job of separation and mid range clarity that I heard in Platinum too.

I listened to the Diamonds after listening to Platinum in an earlier audition. I found Diamonds to be much more forward though they mellowed down after the pre-amp was taken out of the chain and was plugged directly into Saptak. Amit acknowledged that Diamonds will not float everyone's boat and it is not expected to do so too. I am looking to start with Platinum as I realized the next series speaker is not necessarily more of what I want. However, Diamond continues the good job of separation and mid range clarity that I heard in Platinum too.
Wonderful, so you heard both. Amit too suggested to stick with Platinum. Probably instead of speaker, I might just go for amp upgrade to their soon to be launched model, which he says is totally different from their current breed of amps. He excused himself from sharing more info on the new amp, which is understandable.

Wonderful, so you heard both. Amit too suggested to stick with Platinum. Probably instead of speaker, I might just go for amp upgrade to their soon to be launched model, which he says is totally different from their current breed of amps. He excused himself from sharing more info on the new amp, which is understandable.
Yeah, I am also waiting for the amp. It comes with in-built source selector which is missing in Saptak and will be a boon for folks like me who dont want to buy a separate pre-amp.
just curious.So did the big fiasco over indiq audio posting reviews here on the sly etc get sorted out??Didnt get to know the final outcome from the moderators or probably i missed it.
I had seen those threads and I have refrained from posting my audition reviews owing to inability of FMs in sifting through what's a genuine feedback vs. "on the sly feedback". However, I will happily take the opportunity to go do the hifi path without breaking a bank even if cynicism abounds! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha ha. Even i heard about the new amp from @Smo when we were having some general conversations. It will be interesting to see what it may be. After hearing from Sachin, I too tried to check with them but as you mentioned he excused from sharing more details on the specs side but said it will be very different from the existing outgoing model. I am curious too. Said it will be launched mostly by end of March.

Indiq audio speakers they match v well with their amp saptak monoblocks..
I m v happy with the clarity and sound seperation effects of platinum achals with saptak amp .
Using them as 2 ch for TV and stereo music.v much satisfied
Hi @girishtd8262 could you please elaborate on Saptak pairing with these speakers for 2 channel music. Have you tried any other amps with these speakers. Or could you compare the Saptak to any other PA or IA from mainstream brands. thanks

Hi @girishtd8262 could you please elaborate on Saptak pairing with these speakers for 2 channel music. Have you tried any other amps with these speakers. Or could you compare the Saptak to any other PA or IA from mainstream brands. thanks
Hi saptak matches v well with platinum achal.i have two more amps one is Norge gold 1000 it also sounds good.
Adcom GAF ,555se pmp this also pairs v well with these.among these saptak and adcom go hand in hand.v detailed clarity and vocals.
I tried my dali lektor 6 with same amps but they were good with adcom but not as good as ahals and v badly matching with saptak.
I'm using saptak with achal as 2 ch system with cxn v 2 for music
And connected to Sony tv via optical cable.i don't feel the need for subwoofer here as these speakers have 10" woofers and have good bass effect.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back