My set up. manu Nayar

That's one interesting setup. Looks like you have been in the game for a while ! Will you share some pics ?
Yes but long time about 17 years.
I’ll share it soon

That's one interesting setup. Looks like you have been in the game for a while ! Will you share some pics ?
Yes but long time about 17 years.
I’ll share
Welcome to the forum
thanks

Welcome Mr. Nayar. Happy Listening...
Thank you

Since it is a custom lowther build I reckon some help from the Rethm manufacturer in Cochin ?
I have never met Rethm guy yet. I knew about

I just came to Cochin last March , have been living in UAE since long

Since it is a custom lowther build I reckon some help from the Rethm manufacturer in Cochin ?
I’ll find out.. Since I have shifted to small room house
my enclosure is too much and it’s for medium to large room
I’m now Builing a Accusta 90 using same Ex2 drivers

I need to raise my pic. It says too large

I need to raise my pic. It says too large
Spelling mistake
Re-size

1AD6C2CD-B57F-4CFD-ADA5-06C1859A46F3.jpeg

So far not done any room treatment yet

Last edited by a moderator:
very interesting placement of speakers. . Does having them adjacent to the side walls not affect the sound?

I presume the speakers must have a rather wide dispersion since you've not toed in the speakers.
These are designed to place close to the wall so that you get extensive bass response. I have been using them since 2008 never looked for any other speakers for my set up.

That a serious TT ! Interested to know more about your Lowther horn design. Any references or links on the design ? Thanks.
Yes. I have made my first Lowther fidelity enclosure in 2007 But it was failure. I was not matured enough to understand the horn design and the kind of wool or MDF that should be used for construction. It was lacking a bass but very nice mid. The problem was an MDF selection.
if you buy new drivers then they provide you a free plan blue print.

These are designed to place close to the wall so that you get extensive bass response. I have been using them since 2008 never looked for any other speakers for my set up.
A1669E4F-FD6C-42A0-BB25-9B5973BF0D6D.jpeg

This was not a Lowther design and it was developed by a Germany designer Andrew Mahou. I do have contact with him via postal
Letter only or fax. He doesn’t use internet or mobile that is what he said to me few years ago.
Now he must be using iPhone I’m sure .

I’m now planning to sell this enclosure
4025B651-2BE5-4B4A-9525-B44EAF65F1EF.jpegEC79C000-E153-44A2-A623-BDF0CEA20F26.jpeg

Hello there
I’m share my Transrotor reference TT photo.
it has two tone arm. Two motor.

you may like it. Model no Transrotor Fatbob TMD 80
Magnetic bearing
No tumble noise no floor noise like garrard 301&401. Sounds extremely wonderfulSME 12” tone arm and Rega RB 800
weighting 42kg +accessories
100% precision made machine.

1260AFE3-E7EC-4482-BA89-4944649D0DC1.jpegDDC29B1E-3823-4DF1-B744-4FEB2F071598.jpeg

This was not a Lowther design and it was developed by a Germany designer Andrew Mahou. I do have contact with him via postal
Letter only or fax. He doesn’t use internet or mobile that is what he said to me few years ago.
Thanks

Yes. I have made my first Lowther fidelity enclosure in 2007 But it was failure. I was not matured enough to understand the horn design and the kind of wool or MDF that should be used for construction. It was lacking a bass but very nice mid. The problem was an MDF selection.
if you buy new drivers then they provide you a free plan blue print.

View attachment 57285

I’m now planning to sell this enclosure

View attachment 57348View attachment 57349

Hello there

Magnetic bearing
No tumble noise no floor noise like garrard 301&401. Sounds extremely wonderfulSME 12” tone arm and Rega RB 800

View attachment 57363View attachment 57365

Forget playing it! If I had one of this, I would sit next to it and look it all day! What a beautiful piece of engineering!

Hello there

Magnetic bearing

View attachment 57363View attachment 57365

Please post a video link of the same in action, sure many of us including me would love watching it in play :)

This mobile phone video won’t do any justice

but still you can see the rotation.

If that doesn’t work , then please try this YouTube link Armature video
You tube recording also always bad

Recorded via GSM phone in a non accustic room There is too much echoes
Anyways
please Use headphone And hope the will help

There is an other short video here
Little better I suppose

awesome ! love it.
Thanks

I am curious to know about the speaker position. Do the speakers image well given the current position? I am forced to corner-place my speakers (Fostex Jericho horns) and am struggling to figure out how to make them work in room.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back