My speakers are dancing

Kevian

Hi Friends,

Today morning I played Bassotronics --Bass I love you. My speakers started shaking all over and I think it cannot hold on though it has a decent bass punch. Will the wall bracket help me? Hanging it on a screw(like before) looks little risky for me....:sad:

YouTube - Dancing DefTechs

606 volume knob was 50....

Hi!!
Keeping such speakers on the floor is a bad idea. The sound would not be half as good plus the 'dancing speakers' issue.

Hang these speakers on the wall. They are meant to be placed this way. Screw arrangement is just fine and not at all risky if done the right way. Screws can hold on a lot of weight. Just do it right.

Hate to throw a spanner in the works, but if the speaker 'dances' so much, then would you really expect the speaker to do justice to such bass heavy music? No matter where you place it...

Hi,

I have nothing to offer in the form of a suggestion, because I never thought such a thing could ever happen. Dancing speakers cannot ever contribute to good sound, as far as I can see. So one has to settle them into some kind of stability I suppose. I just hope when held static they can sustain the mechanical stress with such movements of the drivers.

Regards.

Thought this has to be the creepiest post ever in hifivision, then thought it was an advanced version of imaging where the you feel the performers actually sing and dance around you, after all those thoughts I opened thread and read it.

My advice dont play that song again. :D

More seriously like all the knowledgeable folks here said it doesnt do any good to the quality of sound coming out of it.

:sad: People,

The speakers were initially hung at 6 feet height. But as science suggests, I bought it down to ear level and placed it on the window shelf. Then I played this song, it started doing "Kuchipudi". Initially I thought the tripod stand of the speakers were loose and checked on them but were tight enough. Just for safety, I put it on ground and played the song for video recording. I usually put it on the shelves.

And I think, the money management would suggest me to get a nice heavy wooden speakers than changing tiles:lol:

all in all I am getting this feeling "did I waste my money?":(

Thank you everyone for dropping in with help
Naren

:sad: People,

The speakers were initially hung at 6 feet height. But as science suggests, I bought it down to ear level and placed it on the window shelf. Then I played this song, it started doing "Kuchipudi". Initially I thought the tripod stand of the speakers were loose and checked on them but were tight enough. Just for safety, I put it on ground and played the song for video recording. I usually put it on the shelves.

And I think, the money management would suggest me to get a nice heavy wooden speakers than changing tiles:lol:

all in all I am getting this feeling "did I waste my money?":(

Thank you everyone for dropping in with help
Naren

The only thing I would think is that you are asking home theatre specific satellite speakers to do stereo duty. That is tough.

may be keeping the volume low will help. probably thse speakers are not meant to played at high volume levels.
Which the model no?

Basstronic songs need a good woofer or dedicated sub , i think. going by the size, thse appear too small to play that kind of songs. they may just suit fine for soft songs.

Hi Friends,

Today morning I played Bassotronics --Bass I love you. My speakers started shaking all over and I think it cannot hold on though it has a decent bass punch. Will the wall bracket help me? Hanging it on a screw(like before) looks little risky for me....:sad:

YouTube - Dancing DefTechs

606 volume knob was 50....

I've heard that music many times. What is the name of that track?

the idea is to stabilize the speakers since you lose sound quality with 'dancing speakers'. if its not rear ported use brackets and fix it to your wall. if they're floorstanders then you can leave them on the floor and bracket them. if they're bookshelves then use stands and bracket them onto that

Hi!!
Keeping such speakers on the floor is a bad idea. The sound would not be half as good plus the 'dancing speakers' issue.

Hang these speakers on the wall. They are meant to be placed this way. Screw arrangement is just fine and not at all risky if done the right way. Screws can hold on a lot of weight. Just do it right.

the idea is to stabilize the speakers since you lose sound quality with 'dancing speakers'. if its not rear ported use brackets and fix it to your wall. if they're floorstanders then you can leave them on the floor and bracket them. if they're bookshelves then use stands and bracket them onto that

Sumit and Afj

Thanks a zillions mates....I hung it nicely on a screw at the ear level ..made sure the speaker doesn't move when hung...and the result..AWESOME...now "I dance" in nirvana while these puppies meditate with stillness...tested it with Bassotronics song again at high volumes and it didn't move a millimeter...saw this german movie "Der Untertang" which is believed to be among the best sound effects war movies..the low frequencies of explosions were "sound" enough for me(well not as perfect as subwoofers) while and speakers didn't vibrate at all...

God I feel so safe being a member of this forum....salutes to all Gurus(I mean it)

Madhurshankar,

The track's name is Bass, I love you by Bassotronics. Its a very nice song and actually tests a speakers capacity to drive low. You should watch the video on this page..Man I love Sunill's setup of SVS subs...it makes me so happy watching that video again and again....try it

Regards,
Naren

Last edited:
Venkus, are you running the speakers as full range ?..if you are based in Blore, I may be able to lend u a sub to try out.

Venkus, are you running the speakers as full range ?..if you are based in Blore, I may be able to lend u a sub to try out.

Yes Arj, I just have 2.0 setup as of now. When my wallet grows thick I might be in confusion to go for a sub or complete 5.0 setup with FS..well that'll be in future:indifferent14:..I am based at Hyderabad. I really appreciate your kindness and help...thanks a lot for the offer. Have a blast this Diwali my friend.

Cheers,
Naren

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back