My Stereo setup

cha_indian

Hello guys,

Here is the setup that i assembled recenlty....All the components are chinese of origin and donno how many days they gonna survive!!

Amp: Bada DC222 (tubes changed to Sylvania NOS)
CD player: MHZS CD33F
Speakers : Jamo S708
Mp3 juke box : Elektron 606.
Valab silver interconnects and Speaker cables.
Sony DAV DZ120K (HTiB) as Tuner

http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1154m.jpg

Last edited:
Hello guys,

Here is the setup that i assembled recenlty....All the components are chinese of origin and donno how many days they gonna survive!!

Amp: Bada DC222 (tubes changed to Sylvania NOS)
CD player: MHZS CD33F
Speakers : Jamo S708
Mp3 juke box : Elektron 606.
Valab silver interconnects and Speaker cables.
Sony DAV DZ120K (HTiB) as Tuner

how is the performance of the amp? What is the price? How did you get them here? Elaborate please....:rolleyes:

i think all my equipment is very new....so sound is not 'that' refined. I must burn in atleast 200 hours before final comments on sound. As of now , the sound is big with huge soundstage.

The bada amp is a very good piece. Itz got a huge heat sink and probably it runs in Class A mode upto 20 or 30 Watts. Bought it through ebay stores...

hey! where are you from and how much did you pay for this setup? Are you experiencing different "tube"sound compared to a solid state setup?

regards

cha_indian,seems like a good setup.please share ur views regarding different aspects of the components.am sure a lot of people would like to hear about the same.quite a few good bits of hifi gear comin from china the likes of audiospace(hk),shangling,jungson,jolida,and the one thing all of them have in common is a supposed great build quality and attention to detail.would definitely consider components from the above few.good reviews as well.happy listenin.cheers

how much did you pay for this setup?

i think all my equipment is very new....so sound is not 'that' refined. I must burn in atleast 200 hours before final comments on sound. As of now , the sound is big with huge soundstage.

The bada amp is a very good piece. Itz got a huge heat sink and probably it runs in Class A mode upto 20 or 30 Watts. Bought it through ebay stores...

Sorry guys for the late reply..... :)

The thing is that at the moment the sound is very very big....something like a disco sound. It is not refined like a Marantz system, but i am hoping that after burn in , it will get better. Guys are there any ideas for proper burn in or burn in is only an urban legend!! ;)

All the components are from eBay...

Prices are in US $
Amp -500 (Plan to replace the Solen caps and diodes)
CDP -200 (I am spending another 200 $ for parts upgrade)
EHP - 250
All cables - 270

Sorry guys for the late reply..... :)

The thing is that at the moment the sound is very very big....something like a disco sound. It is not refined like a Marantz system, but i am hoping that after burn in , it will get better. Guys are there any ideas for proper burn in or burn in is only an urban legend!! ;)

All the components are from eBay...

Prices are in US $
Amp -500 (Plan to replace the Solen caps and diodes)
CDP -200 (I am spending another 200 $ for parts upgrade)
EHP - 250
All cables - 270

Hi,
with customs and shipment involved what was the final price you paid for each of the items in Indian rupees or Dollars.

Here is picture of my complete setup!

Recently i added Acer HDMI monitor

img0021dzn.jpg

those floorstanders would be better off being placed directly on the floor

if you really need to raise them please consider solid wood or a granite block
or cheaper alternative would be a couple Kota tiles

Not knowing where your listening position is I am guessing that the speakers are not toed in properly. Also they need some more space from the sides as they are too close to the objects on either side of them. Is this possible?

ALso is it direct sunlight falling on the speakers? You may want to put some thick curtains to prevent this as they could damage the coatings ove a period of time.

You have decent equipment and shoudl enjoy music a fair bit assuming you set them up properly.

What model is yoru Bada? I will look to audition them nearby if there is an opportunity.

those floorstanders would be better off being placed directly on the floor

if you really need to raise them please consider solid wood or a granite block
or cheaper alternative would be a couple Kota tiles

Hi Magma,

Thanks for the reply!

Speakers were on the floor initially but due to direct contact with water, wood was chipping off. So i put on plastic stools. What is a Kota tile ???

Not knowing where your listening position is I am guessing that the speakers are not toed in properly. Also they need some more space from the sides as they are too close to the objects on either side of them. Is this possible?

ALso is it direct sunlight falling on the speakers? You may want to put some thick curtains to prevent this as they could damage the coatings ove a period of time.

You have decent equipment and shoudl enjoy music a fair bit assuming you set them up properly.

What model is yoru Bada? I will look to audition them nearby if there is an opportunity.

Hi Marsilians, You are most welcome to audition the setup!! My amp is Bada DC222 and I have changed the tubes to Sylvania 5963. Now i am thinking of selling off those tubes and install different tubes for some change in sound.

Hi Magma,

Thanks for the reply!

Speakers were on the floor initially but due to direct contact with water, wood was chipping off. So i put on plastic stools. What is a Kota tile ???

hmm i guessed it was the water problem
many indian families have the thing about mopping with water na ?( mine included)

Kota is a greyish stone thats s bit similar to granite but cheaper less aesthetic(many a times its used on staircases)
but it is dense,heavy and cheap
All you need for raising your floorstanders.
Kota tiles are generally an inch think ( maybe you can use 2 each)
i think 1Sq ft tile would hardly cost 50 bucks

i will post a pic next time i visit the stone market

and how much did you pay for shipping?
I think more people here are interested in value for money products. One such company is Vincent in India but I think the dealers are not able to keep prices low enough.

regards

I have mentioned the cost in my previous posts. Regarding the duties, I paid only for the amp rs 5000 only. Rest of them were delivered to me without any duties...

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back