My Surprising Choice of Streaming Service

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
Understood. I am a sucker for details, little tickles.
I no longer have CDs. I will probably buy a decent player/transport in another two years when I can dedicate time. I think that the feel of physical media can't be matched. From an experience perspective. LIke shooting on a Film SLR in 2021 is on cards for me.
Yes, all that and CD (physical media) also helps you slow down and focus/attend.

I have installed and subscribed... Liked the SQ..
I have noticed an issue. Unlike other streaming apps Hungama stops playing after a few songs.... I have to reach out for the phone and get it going. If the screen has gone off I need to unlock the phone and hit 'play'.
Is it only me?? Anything to do with the settings?? Tried whatever I could but the problem persists. YT music and spotify are spotless in this regard.

I have installed and subscribed... Liked the SQ..
I have noticed an issue. Unlike other streaming apps Hungama stops playing after a few songs.... I have to reach out for the phone and get it going. If the screen has gone off I need to unlock the phone and hit 'play'.
Is it only me?? Anything to do with the settings?? Tried whatever I could but the problem persists. YT music and spotify are spotless in this regard.
i don’t face this problem on either iPhone or iPad - the two devices I use. Even when the device goes into auto lock, the songs in the playlist/album selected keep playing.

Check in Playback settings / Audio Quality youncan select Pro HD, just to confirm the subscription is activated. Otherwise restore the purchase.

i don’t face this problem on either iPhone or iPad - the two devices I use. Even when the device goes into auto lock, the songs in the playlist/album selected keep playing.

Check in Playback settings / Audio Quality youncan select Pro HD, just to confirm the subscription is activated. Otherwise restore the purchase.
I can confirm that the subscription is active as I can access the HD version...

Spotify user here. I quite like the UI - or at least find it no more or less pleasing than the others.

What I like about Spotify is :
- their integration with hardware (My Denon receiver, Marantz amp, and Echos all stream Spotify natively). I dont have to stream via Bluetooth
- Its fully multi-platform - I control whats playing on any system, from my phone, iPad or PC
- their playlists are really good

But I guess, it just suits my requirements. Everyone's will be different.
with you Man.....have the same AVR etc

How do I do that??
Sorry not so tech savvy..
I don’t know of Android. In iPhone you can just go to Settings - Hungama - Background App Refresh in that order. Just Google out if needed.

I didn’t say Chromecast. Since I use an iPhone, the casting is done via Airplay. I can vouch for that. CXN still can’t play Hungama natively unlike it can lay Spotify/Tidal... if that’s what you mean.
Not sure if you have already checked/compared but wired connection always sounded better to me than AirPlay.

Not sure if you have already checked/compared but wired connection always sounded better to me than AirPlay.
@bornfi, but wired connection would mean tethering the mobile/iPad/computer to the streamer/DAC which severely limits convenience. Anyway, the CXN’s USB port doesn’t allow connecting Apple mobile devices to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an mac mini running roon connected to my DAC via USB. What's the best way to get Hungama streaming in such a setup (prefer not to remote desktop and play via web browser).

I use an mac mini running roon connected to my DAC via USB. What's the best way to get Hungama streaming in such a setup (prefer not to remote desktop and play via web browser).
I have no clue. All I can say is Hungama sounds much better via Airplay than Spotify. Spotify Connect comes close to Hungama Airplay. Wish Hungama also comes up with Hungama Connect.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back