My Surprising Choice of Streaming Service

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
Understood. I am a sucker for details, little tickles.
I no longer have CDs. I will probably buy a decent player/transport in another two years when I can dedicate time. I think that the feel of physical media can't be matched. From an experience perspective. LIke shooting on a Film SLR in 2021 is on cards for me.
Yes, all that and CD (physical media) also helps you slow down and focus/attend.

I have installed and subscribed... Liked the SQ..
I have noticed an issue. Unlike other streaming apps Hungama stops playing after a few songs.... I have to reach out for the phone and get it going. If the screen has gone off I need to unlock the phone and hit 'play'.
Is it only me?? Anything to do with the settings?? Tried whatever I could but the problem persists. YT music and spotify are spotless in this regard.

I have installed and subscribed... Liked the SQ..
I have noticed an issue. Unlike other streaming apps Hungama stops playing after a few songs.... I have to reach out for the phone and get it going. If the screen has gone off I need to unlock the phone and hit 'play'.
Is it only me?? Anything to do with the settings?? Tried whatever I could but the problem persists. YT music and spotify are spotless in this regard.
i don’t face this problem on either iPhone or iPad - the two devices I use. Even when the device goes into auto lock, the songs in the playlist/album selected keep playing.

Check in Playback settings / Audio Quality youncan select Pro HD, just to confirm the subscription is activated. Otherwise restore the purchase.

i don’t face this problem on either iPhone or iPad - the two devices I use. Even when the device goes into auto lock, the songs in the playlist/album selected keep playing.

Check in Playback settings / Audio Quality youncan select Pro HD, just to confirm the subscription is activated. Otherwise restore the purchase.
I can confirm that the subscription is active as I can access the HD version...

Spotify user here. I quite like the UI - or at least find it no more or less pleasing than the others.

What I like about Spotify is :
- their integration with hardware (My Denon receiver, Marantz amp, and Echos all stream Spotify natively). I dont have to stream via Bluetooth
- Its fully multi-platform - I control whats playing on any system, from my phone, iPad or PC
- their playlists are really good

But I guess, it just suits my requirements. Everyone's will be different.
with you Man.....have the same AVR etc

How do I do that??
Sorry not so tech savvy..
I don’t know of Android. In iPhone you can just go to Settings - Hungama - Background App Refresh in that order. Just Google out if needed.

I didn’t say Chromecast. Since I use an iPhone, the casting is done via Airplay. I can vouch for that. CXN still can’t play Hungama natively unlike it can lay Spotify/Tidal... if that’s what you mean.
Not sure if you have already checked/compared but wired connection always sounded better to me than AirPlay.

Not sure if you have already checked/compared but wired connection always sounded better to me than AirPlay.
@bornfi, but wired connection would mean tethering the mobile/iPad/computer to the streamer/DAC which severely limits convenience. Anyway, the CXN’s USB port doesn’t allow connecting Apple mobile devices to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an mac mini running roon connected to my DAC via USB. What's the best way to get Hungama streaming in such a setup (prefer not to remote desktop and play via web browser).

I use an mac mini running roon connected to my DAC via USB. What's the best way to get Hungama streaming in such a setup (prefer not to remote desktop and play via web browser).
I have no clue. All I can say is Hungama sounds much better via Airplay than Spotify. Spotify Connect comes close to Hungama Airplay. Wish Hungama also comes up with Hungama Connect.

Back