My system has gone silent !

locopoco

Hello everyone

I have a decade old system.

Emotiva DAC n Marantaz 6004 amplifier n KEF Q300 speakers.

My listening for the last six months has been considerably less. About 3 weeks or so back, I noticed that there is no sound coming from my speakers. Nothing. Nada.

I have checked all connections. Everything seems to be fine.

Though, for the last 3 odd months, I was noticing a sort of a disturbance while increasing or decreasing the volume. And the sound from the speakers used to be slightly muddled but would settle to normal after 5 - 10 minutes of playing.

Now, the system has just gone silent.

Friends, please advise on what could be wrong and what can I do to get the system up and running.

Cheers.

Looks like an issue with the amplifier. Better take it to the authorised Marants service center. Before that, you can confirm whether the problem is with the amplifier by replacing the other components in the chain. For example, use other set of speakers and use Aux to RCA from your mobile phone. By this way, you can save some time by eliminating the DAC and speakers and take your amp to the service center.

Hello everyone

I have a decade old system.

Emotiva DAC n Marantaz 6004 amplifier n KEF Q300 speakers.

My listening for the last six months has been considerably less. About 3 weeks or so back, I noticed that there is no sound coming from my speakers. Nothing. Nada.

I have checked all connections. Everything seems to be fine.

Though, for the last 3 odd months, I was noticing a sort of a disturbance while increasing or decreasing the volume. And the sound from the speakers used to be slightly muddled but would settle to normal after 5 - 10 minutes of playing.

Now, the system has just gone silent.

Friends, please advise on what could be wrong and what can I do to get the system up and running.

Cheers.
Both channels stop working at the same time is very unlikely problem with the actual amp. Remember there are actually two identical circuits inside. If it is a discrete amp, the every capacitor, resistor, transistor for the amplifier circuit is duplicated. It has to be a common piece of circuit inside the amp that has gone bad. One likely issue could be the power supply for the amp. Does the amp have a display? Does it light up? Do the relays make clicking noises? I doubt there are dual op-amps inside. Dual op amp supplying signal to both amp circuit could be another reason. But I doubt the amp has any such dual op amps or IC involved in amplification.

Back