My Vinyl cleaning setup

Beginner_N

Hi, want to share DIY record cleaning table.
49dd99dc3f6404591dbffb0e211a7197.jpg
64ce0d2772fadee036f9beee7c54e1dc.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Hi, want to share DIY record cleaning table.
49dd99dc3f6404591dbffb0e211a7197.jpg
64ce0d2772fadee036f9beee7c54e1dc.jpg

Looks good, can you please provide the details regarding how you made the spindle bearing assembly and platter. Thanks.

Sent from my Micromax A350 using Tapatalk

Thanks look good,could u provide more details please regarding the brush and the cleaning liquid.

Looks good, can you please provide the details regarding how you made the spindle bearing assembly and platter. Thanks.

Sent from my Micromax A350 using Tapatalk
Base is plywood, spindle and platter is from old damaged hmv turntable which came with record buy.

Base is plywood, spindle and platter is from old damaged hmv turntable which came with record buy.

Keep it up. Brilliant idea. If you can make vacuum jig attached then it could be automatically spin and suck the dirt.

Very soon I am going to build vinyl cleaner TT. I am getting a working TT (but may be tonearm has any issue). I will change the motor to any faster one (more RPMs, 100+) or put that motor under platter directly (with DIY skills). Will put cleaning brush on tonearm. Let see how it goes.... (Finger crossed).

Thanks look good,could u provide more details please regarding the brush and the cleaning liquid.
Brush is carbon fiber. Liquid is distilled water 3 part and isopropyl alcohol 1 part. I will put together build details soon. Omishra just gave good idea of adding vacum, planning to buy 12v wet dry vacum and add to it.

Thanks a lot, what exactly is iso propyl alcohol? Can u walk into a chemist and ask for it? Also any particular make of the carbon fiber brush u use?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Nice work Beginner_N.

Very soon I am going to build vinyl cleaner TT. I am getting a working TT (but may be tonearm has any issue). I will change the motor to any faster one (more RPMs, 100+) or put that motor under platter directly (with DIY skills). Will put cleaning brush on tonearm. Let see how it goes.... (Finger crossed).
You dont need to change the motor for speed just reduce the size of platter diameter it is driving. However I guess cleaning liquid will be thrown out at 100rpm. Instead of speed you need more torque to clean the record with big brush on it. You can use geared motor used in robotic kits. I guess they are DC so speed can be controlled. Take safety care if AC motors are used. Tonearm also serves no purpose unless you are making vacuum cleaning machine like Keith Monks.

Being lazy person; I some times work very hard :D to avoid work. So thought of a less messy automatic vinyl cleaning idea which was posted here.

Regards

Actually what I have in my mind is... I will make the platter spindle like bolt with threads (Chudi), after putting the record.. I will put custom made label saver and tight that with nut to keep the label dry. I want to put all these in custom made deep cabinet, which will keep the internal parts safer.

bolt.gif

221BE88B_zps975dfd6c.jpg

Actually what I have in my mind is... I will make the platter spindle like bolt with threads (Chudi), after putting the record.. I will put custom made label saver and tight that with nut to keep the label dry. I want to put all these in custom made deep cabinet, which will keep the internal parts safer.

bolt.gif

221BE88B_zps975dfd6c.jpg

Looks Great!
Kindly explain how to make a label saver please.

For now, I have cut the label portion with 2 end point lines from a damaged/wrapped vinyl record. After that made the edges smooth by using sandpaper (80 number), then used 120 number to make it silky smooth. :lol:

For now, I have cut the label portion with 2 end point lines from a damaged/wrapped vinyl record. After that made the edges smooth by using sandpaper (80 number), then used 120 number to make it silky smooth. [emoji38]
For that, use rubber flange or washer of 4" diameter from hardware store. Even bathroom flush has used those rubber washers of 4" or what 100mm diameter. ;)
$_1.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, what exactly is iso propyl alcohol? Can u walk into a chemist and ask for it?

Available freely in the electronics parts market. Used for cleaning purposes. Typically Rs 50 for a 500 ml bottle. Should be cheaper in the Industrial chemical market but minimum quantity could be 1 liter. Often labeled as IPA .

What I have is isopropyl rubbing alcohol USP. It's a clinical spirit that I got from the chemist. 100ml bottle cost rupees 33.

Never used it till now as I'm not really sure.

Thanks again!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Where can I buy carbon fiber brush for cleaning vinyl records? Still now I have been using baniyan clothes for cleaning my vinyl records.

Thanking you,
Regards,

pksnathan

Back