NAD 3020i on Sale Chennai - INR 5,700/-

He is a dealer googled his cell no -- not necessary a bad thing ( even I am small time dealer)
what I did not like is misspelled words ( SPECYFICATION) and bad copy paste job .. also sure that picture not orignal.

can any HF member want to help me in this (NAD 3020i on Sale Chennai - INR 5,700 )
checking the actual product ?
the guy seems to to genuine over the phone.

can any HF member want to help me in this (NAD 3020i on Sale Chennai - INR 5,700 )
checking the actual product ?
the guy seems to to genuine over the phone.

I have been once to the Seller who is in HSR Layout.He is a Crazy Kenny Fan.
Is is not a actual dealer. Some of his friends getting stuffs from Singapore and malasyia and he is giving it for reasonable Prize.I was there to pick a Kendwood Vintage 2 way speaker, But spare in two days it was sold. I could see many dealers coming across states to pick things from Him.

If you are in Bangalore, its better to have a look and test.He is very kind and would help you for extensive testing before Buy.

I know some dealers in Chennai, who i came across while i was in Chennai,Some are fine and some are crapy, just get the amps from Old makets when they some some brand items like, Sony,Marantz,NAD etc and put it into online Sale.

Just a penny of mine.

Maybe you'd want to look for the original 3020 instead, but the 3020i is a brilliant amp too, and at this price, its a killer. I think you should not miss it.

It is difficult to get a decent 3020 or 3020 i in good condition these days. If you want to buy from outstation, better if some forum member have a look at them. If possible, open the top cover and look for any manual soldering to see if it was repaired before. Buying amplifiers is very dicey these days . Especially if you are offered one at lower price than the going rate

I have talked to this guy when I was looking for NAD 326. He sounded genuine as he confessed that the Amps is sold and asked me to call later. On my persistence he him self ping with other AMP offers. I guess you can give him a try .

I have been once to the Seller who is in HSR Layout.He is a Crazy Kenny Fan....
If you are in Bangalore, its better to have a look and test.He is very kind and would help you for extensive testing before Buy..

cool, can you PM me his number or address please..

Better dont go for it. They were dumped abroad for repairs and these people buy it at scrap price and replace compatible components which will not sound as good as the original amp and will not last longer too. Instead of buying an used amp which is not gonna do any good to you buy a new Yamaha or Marantz amp or just drop the plan instead of wasting the money.

you have got a valid point mate, i have already done this kind of mistake, bought without demo and it was turned out totally different to my taste.
would be putting them up for sale soon i bought their replacement :)

It is difficult to get a decent 3020 or 3020 i in good condition these days. If you want to buy from outstation, better if some forum member have a look at them. If possible, open the top cover and look for any manual soldering to see if it was repaired before.<snip>
If passives were replaced, it's not necessarily a bad thing. The new passives more often than not perform better than the originals given the age of the amp.

If passives were replaced, it's not necessarily a bad thing. The new passives more often than not perform better than the originals given the age of the amp.

I have sour experience Once, But good that i learned from it.

1.Just Remove the top cover, Dont hesitate to allow your nose to have a investigation to find any Burnt smell or some fresh plastic Smell.
2.Just have a look on the IC and the Heat sinks and check for any pieces or Lead or any color changes are there in Components.
3.Check the Knobs and button very slowly to check whether they get into rough area(When you turn then fast, you may miss the catch)
4.Just play the music and keep the speakers near to you and with very minimal volume. then follow the below testings

1.Check whether the sound is delivered with right balance
2.Turn the Balance Knob to either ends and check whether any leakage is observed to the other speakers
3.Just Mute the Sound and just drive the Volume Knob to the Max and check whether any Hiss\Buzz sound is noticed.
4.Just bring the TREBLE and BASS to the "Zero" and check whether the quality is fine.

5.Last but not least.Just have a look on the Bottom of the Amp(Foot Rest) and check for any corrosion\and damage has been identified.

I am not sure , How it would be useful, But this was usefull for me once:eek:hyeah:

Honestly, its not easy for one to run an in-depth check unless one has the know-how and experience. A good pointer is an audition and a check of the cosmetics. Its better to listen to the same model with a friend (for example), get a feel of the equipment before checking out the one you would like to buy. But again, there are variables. Its good to take someone with you know knows his steps. Recently one of our forum members took me along to check out a Technics TT. It was easy to identify the issues and we backed out of the sale.

It is difficult to get a decent 3020 or 3020 i in good condition these days. If you want to buy from outstation, better if some forum member have a look at them. If possible, open the top cover and look for any manual soldering to see if it was repaired before. Buying amplifiers is very dicey these days . Especially if you are offered one at lower price than the going rate
Yes what you said is really correct. I have been cheated twice, and now I am once bitten twice shy person.Their voice tone is so genuine that one finally gives in only to find later as to why the product was sold so cheap. In my case as I am an amateur DIY first person, I got that dangling volume potentiometer replaced.
It is better to inspect by opening the cover in person, any electronic and specially amps.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back