NAD C355 BEE or alternative with speakers to match

Cool, this week I will receive the Lyrita pre. Then I will get a picture of what is poor in the NAD pre and to what extent.

Cheers

...A few years ago Nad was priced as BUDGET HIFI, today the pricing is taking it to a level where the performance will not match up.
Rgds

I was speaking to an engineer from PSB recently and he told me that the pricing of the BEE has been made quite favourable to target midmarket buyers. Also the quality issues that the Chinese ran into have been addressed since they have now merged with the PSB line (lenbrook ows both). Not sure why the Indian retailers are not following suit. I auditioned a NAD 542 CD player and it was very good in a setup with Monitor Audio speakers and driven by a Creek amp.

I dont think I have listened to Arcam integrated amps seriously. Its on my 'things to do' now:).

I dont know if I would be able to sacrifice the fuller sound for some other quality. I guess its a question of getting used to it.

However I am not looking at a solid state amplifier at this stage:)

Dinyaar,

I do not think the person is going to buy the quads at that price. Firstly, I told him they were way overpriced on the same evening of the audition. Secondly, and most importantly, I didn't think he liked the quads that much.

Vortex,

As I clearly said in my post, it's a matter of personal preference. If having a full bodied sound is more important to you than anything else, then you may not like the Arcams. If and when you audition them (not for a purchase, I understand), please have an open mind and try to audition without a particular expectation.

Regards.

Back