nad c525bee - loading tray issue

nandac

i got this in new york a couple of years back and of late the cd loading tray doesn't open/close properly. if i press open, it opens but doesn't stay open - it immediately closes automatically! often i have to hold the tray to put the cd in. is this usual?

Known issue with nad CDPs owners will testify if you need witness and first-hand account. So there may not be a final resolution except you live with it.

HTH

I use to have the Nad 542 CDP, very good player until open/close problem started, Wrote to NAD too , but still expecting reply. Sold it for a very miserable price:( According to a dealer, the problem is due to an error in a capacitor or diode or something like that....I forgot what he said.

Same issue is with my Philips DVDP. The tray does remain open, the moment it reaches the peak position, shut-off starts automatically. This does'nt happen always, maybe, 60% of the times.

Someone told me this is an issue with the Philips mechanism, which they supply to both NAD as well as Marantz.

Otherwise, one just has to live with it. Of course, not a major issue.

@nandac
Join the NAD Electronics facebook page and post your question in the discussion board.
May be you will get a quick reply from NAD as its accessible for all those who subscribed to it. I see threads discussing issues on C545BEE openly and being answered by NAD personnel.

i got this in new york a couple of years back and of late the cd loading tray doesn't open/close properly. if i press open, it opens but doesn't stay open - it immediately closes automatically! often i have to hold the tray to put the cd in. is this usual?

I had the same problem with my NAD C525BEE and after some internal inspections, I found that one of the switches responsible with automatic door closing was locked. The problem was solved with contact spray.

I had the same problem with my NAD C525BEE and after some internal inspections, I found that one of the switches responsible with automatic door closing was locked. The problem was solved with contact spray.

Can you mention the location and type of this switch on the drive.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back