NAD C555i

denom

Banned
Banned
Hello TT Guru's (You all know who you are :D)

Need your advise on the foll TT

NAD C555i. Hows it???

What would be a good cart to go with it??? LP's played will be mostly of Rock & Metal Genre's, hence suggest a good cart for the same.

PS: TT already bought by a friend of mine residing in the Gulf, so really need quick pointer on the Cart - Thanks!

:)

NAD C555i is a Rega Rp2 Clone and is manufactured by Rega itself. It comes factory fitted with a Goldrig Electra Cart which is MM and is very good in comparison with the similarly priced TTs available in the market.

Hi Ashish,

Do you sell this TT??? Price?

Yes, the cart is the one you mentioned, but want to go for one suited to the genre's of music that will be played, hence asking. Do you have any suggestions???

Yes, we sell it at 43K. The Factory fitted cart is well suited to play all kinds of Music Genre well, give it close to 100 hours of run-in time and its sonic signature will improve further.

Last edited:
Its a decent combo for the money denom. the cart in particular is quite good with all genres...

though, for the same budget he could look at the project tables. i find them a bit better in build. and they usuallu come fitted with Ortofon carts, which i like a LOT.

Strange you say that Manav. I've always heard that Rega tables have better build quality and Pro-ject only show their mettle higher up the chain.

Its a decent combo for the money denom. the cart in particular is quite good with all genres...

though, for the same budget he could look at the project tables. i find them a bit better in build. and they usuallu come fitted with Ortofon carts, which i like a LOT.

Hi Manav,

Thanks for the input. He has already bought it as he got a good deal. He is thinking of either the Ortofon 2M Red or the Denon DL110. Yea the 110 is MC. He has a Cambridge Audio 640P which has MM/MC options.

Your opinion pls/Thanks

NAD has virtually copied immensely successful models from Pro-ject. Definitely they are worth the money, the cartridge should be excellent at the price point.

I use Ortofon 2M red, I have found it balanced across the spectrum, real VFM, tracks effortlessly, no fatigue to ears, high output keeps the amp less active, needle protector is painful to put on, plenty of availability options (ebay US, indian market) overall you will love it

I have both CA 640P and 540P, no difference in SQ, 640P has a MC section, good investment for the future, excellent and warm SQ, nice finish, sits pretty on the amp, 640P should be around 6900/- and 540P should be around 4500/-, BTW I love Cambridge audio products, to me they are correct blend of Quality-availability-Performance-Price

Arnab

Strange you say that Manav. I've always heard that Rega tables have better build quality and Pro-ject only show their mettle higher up the chain.

dude, while the rega is no slouch, I fnd that the project decks are better overall. build, tonearm etc...

Hi Manav,

Thanks for the input. He has already bought it as he got a good deal. He is thinking of either the Ortofon 2M Red or the Denon DL110. Yea the 110 is MC. He has a Cambridge Audio 640P which has MM/MC options.

Your opinion pls/Thanks

if these are th two options, i'd go for the denon 110... its a bargain at its price and the performance is equivalent to carts that are 3x the price.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back