Nagra Gear

Nikhil

Staff member
I was pretty excited to see NAGRA display their gear at the last Mumbai show. Now that there is Indian distribution in place, I was wondering how many Nagra systems/components have been installed in the country.

Here is the Nagra display at Munich 2017.

Nagra Wilson Room.jpg

Nagra at the Mumbai show last year.
CDC Transport, Classic DAC and Jazz Pre with VPS. HD AMP Amplifiers

Nagra YGA Mumbai Show.jpg

I was planning to buy an used Nagra 300i integrated, but the whole customs rigmarole has put dampers in that plan.

I have no idea what the customs duty on it would be so sadly shelved the plan.

Cadence has very fair pricing IMO.
Even if you are not going to buy I would still contact Amba and get an estimate.

The 300i is a superb amp BTW.

Cadence has very fair pricing IMO.
Even if you are not going to buy I would still contact Amba and get an estimate.

The 300i is a superb amp BTW.

I just heard the Nagra 300i at Cadence yesterday. Still dreaming about it.

Yes, I need to have a long talk with Amba.

Yes! I love it, but I am planning to move to an integrated amp. Having a preamp/monoblocks/extra cables is not working out for me in a Mumbai 2BHK :/
Might sell the Coincident 300.

Ok:)

What pre are you using with the Coincident 300?

Someday if you are free and ok with it, would like to hear your system

I was planning to buy an used Nagra 300i integrated, but the whole customs rigmarole has put dampers in that plan.

I have no idea what the customs duty on it would be so sadly shelved the plan.
Perhaps not in the exalted price range of the Nagra (and not 300b based), but do consider Lyric Audio Single ended amps. from Germany. I have the Lyric Ti100 MkII and it is a superb amp. I am using with Kt120 tubes. Available in India from Jochen Semler in Bangalore. He is a very knowledgeable and friendly dealer although not sure if he will have any for demo. Also his pricing is excellent as well.
https://highend-electronics.com/collections/lyric-audio
Cheers,
Sid

Ok:)

What pre are you using with the Coincident 300?

Someday if you are free and ok with it, would like to hear your system

I am using my DAC (AMR DP-777) as a pre. It is not doing justice to the 300s. I was initially going to buy a pre, but then I got sick of buying yet another box, and its so hard to find a good pre without paying the big bucks.

You are welcome to hear my system anytime, but IMO at this point without a pre, it might not be worth the trip. I can ping you once I get my system to a place where I like it.

Perhaps not in the exalted price range of the Nagra (and not 300b based), but do consider Lyric Audio Single ended amps. from Germany. I have the Lyric Ti100 MkII and it is a superb amp. I am using with Kt120 tubes. Available in India from Jochen Semler in Bangalore. He is a very knowledgeable and friendly dealer although not sure if he will have any for demo. Also his pricing is excellent as well.
https://highend-electronics.com/collections/lyric-audio
Cheers,
Sid

To be honest Nagra at retail is outside my price range as well. I found on audiogon an used 300i I could afford but am in no mood to go through customs rigmarole.

I have not heard of Lyric except their ads on audiogon, thanks for the reco, would love a listen to them, how would you compare their sound to some of the well known brands at their price point?

To be honest Nagra at retail is outside my price range as well. I found on audiogon an used 300i I could afford but am in no mood to go through customs rigmarole.

I have not heard of Lyric except their ads on audiogon, thanks for the reco, would love a listen to them, how would you compare their sound to some of the well known brands at their price point?
I haven't heard too many single ended amplifiers, simply because I never had efficient enough speakers. Even when I bought the Lyric it was for use primarily as a preamp (because it has astonishingly low out impedance) to pair with my symphonic line kraft 250 amp. However recently when I moved this amp. into my 2nd system, I decided to check the Lyric with my Ascendo C8R speakers which have a 88db efficiency. Suprisingly the Lyric drove them very well (with 4 ohm taps), transparency was amazing and bass was phenomenal. It had better bass with my Ascendos with 18 watts than my Symphonic line at 400 watts (4 ohms). Also there was lifelike immediacy (I guess a strong suit of SE tube amps) and smooth, extended treble. Lastly the build quality is very good. My previous tube amp. that I had was a Line Magnetic 501 - but this was light years ahead both in build and sound quality. You are welcome to Hyderabad to listen to it, if you ever travel over here.
Cheers,
SidAttach files

I am using my DAC (AMR DP-777) as a pre. It is not doing justice to the 300s. I was initially going to buy a pre, but then I got sick of buying yet another box, and its so hard to find a good pre without paying the big bucks.

The DP-777 is a great DAC but I do not use the preamp as it sounds too soft to my ears. You definitely need a separate preamp. Since you have a Coincident 300, ideally you'd want a preamp from the same manufacturer as they'd be matched. Matching pre/power is a huge problem.

Nice to meet another DP-777 owner.

Yes, I have been on the preamp merry-go-round, bought and sold many. I have tried the famous Coincident preamp (touted to be the best at any price), but it didn't float my boat. Also its a two box device.

I know the preamp that I would like to get, but it's expensive, and also I am in a minimalist mode, hence the integrated.

BTW are you considering a SE upgrade to your DAC?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back