Nakamich RX-505 Cassette Deck

Dear aks 07,

Many of the shops doesnt even know what it is.they havent heard !
Those who have heard talk of demag tapes.Those who really know doesnt have one now !:sad:So kindly help me if possible.

Thanks
Regards
Brejesh

Presently I have a Nakamichi DRAGON Cassette Deck with auto azimuth allignment but the playback and recording heads need replacement. Where to get it ? Naks are no more available :sad:

Owned the following Nakamichi Decks:
CR2 (present)
CR7
DRAGON (present)

My TDK SA and MA tapes as well as Maxell UD UX are all sleeping for a long time.......its CD now.......:rolleyes:

Hi Asit,
Great to know that you have got the Nakamichi 505. Your post mentions another Naka which the shopkeeper showed you earlier. Can you give me the number & location of the shop? I would like to find out if it is still available.

sushyam

Does anyone has idea about Technics/RS-BX828

One of my friend's friend is selling a technics cassette deck, along with a collection of cassettes. I have not yet seen the collection or the deck, but this is the model - Vintage Cassette - Technics RS-BX828 Stereo Cassette Deck
Now I am wondering how much money should I offer him, or at what quote should I accept/ reject reject his offer (only for the deck) - I wouldn't be bargaining here due to the relation.
Hope to grab it in my next visit to Lucknow. Any reviews/ opinions of this technics model are welcome.

regards

I have a Nakamichi RX 505 and a Nakamichi Dragon. Though my Rx 505 works perfectly and I enjoy it, the Dragon needs servicing as it tends to eat up tapes. I found an ex Nakamichi tech who is extremely experienced in reviving decks, but the overhaul will cost me $500 here which I don't really want to pay right now. Maybe down the line, I will get the machine up and running in tip top shape.

Anyhow, I've accumulated a whole bunch of metal cassettes including the highly regarded Sony Super Metal Cassette - 90 minute. Other than that, its mostly Maxell Chrome XL-II S tapes. I have a BUNCH of them now.

But the RX505 is awesome and even prerecorded tapes sound fantastic on it. Love the Analog sound....no doubt about it. Tapes have their own nostalgic feel and sound :eek:

Hi Shaizada,

I have extensively heard the Dragon a long time ago for a period of a couple of years. That sound is still etched in my mind. However, it is difficult for me to compare it with the RX-505 sound because of the time gap and also very different electronics and speakers used.

How would you compare the sound quality of the RX-505 and the Dragon? Would you say the RX-505 is more reliable with respect to build quality (hard for me to believe though)? I know a lot of Americans think that Nakamichi in general has a problem with reliability and many of them recommend and prefer a Tandeberg.

Another question: did you ever have any problem with the UDAR mechanism of the RX-505?

Regards.

Hi Buddy,

Both units have the house Nakamichi sound. They both are at the top of the Nakamichi food chain. However, the Dragon has more complicated circuitry and as a result is more finicky. The cassette reversal system in the RX-505 does away with that circuitry and just flips the tape, which is much easier to live with and has less chance of messing up.

I've personally not had ANY problems with the RX-505 reversal system. Just keep it clean and free of dust. It will reward you with many years of service with standard head cleaning and demagnetization.

I still need to get my Nak Dragon serviced so its out of commission right now.

Between the two, I would probably get just the RX-505 because I don't want to deal with any complications arising in the future. The Dragon, as good as it sounds, is still a pretty complicated cassette deck.

The Tandberg and Revox are also amazing machines. But I have a soft spot for the Naks. ;)

audio_engr, if you get a chance, would love to see some pictures of your system and the way you have it setup. You have some wonderful stuff. You can post it in the system setup pictures section on hifivision :)

audio_engr, if you get a chance, would love to see some pictures of your system and the way you have it setup. You have some wonderful stuff. You can post it in the system setup pictures section on hifivision :)

+99999999999999999999999999 to it. Before AudioENg wallops me, I am out of here :yahoo:

hey Ram, i would call that :spam:

ha ha ha offcourse not, you see what excites us more is seeing a naked picture of say a Nak 1000 :clapping: or a vintage amp or a totally stripped picture of an amp that we could only dream of rather than a nude pic of monica belluci or angelina jolie (which is so so common) ;)

p.s: As I type this my wife vouches this statement bcos offlate she says she has never seen me flirting as I am always at my music room than a chat room...hmmmm not healthy

Recently got nak RX-505. Would like to know the procedure to clean the head and pinch roller. It is easy to clean the same in BX-2 since the cassette cover is easy to remove. But looks complicated in 505.

Hasan.

Thanks. That is exactly I clean my nak BX-2. But in RX-505 the head and other parts are on top and not easily accessible also the cover is not easily removable.

Thanks. That is exactly I clean my nak BX-2. But in RX-505 the head and other parts are on top and not easily accessible also the cover is not easily removable.

U need to remove the cover and then after bringing back the tray to its normal position press play. And then u cando ur cleaning.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back