Naming sellers

G401fan

My previous post on this subject was directed at the Moderators, requesting a clarification whether it was OK to make public the name (or moniker) of Sellers on the ‘For Sale’ forum with whom one has had a bad experience. This was because there is no such provision in the Forum Rules, and doing so has consequences. There was substantial response to this thread, many from FMs who’d had similar experiences, and some from those who did not want any impact on the continuance of this Forum topic, which, as everyone knows, is one of the most popular on this site. A few missed the woods for the trees, but that is another matter.

To reiterate, I bought an item from an FM on this site which turned out to be dead on arrival. This was intrinsic to the item, not something that could have been damaged in transit because of poor packaging or courier mishandling. The seller was in another city, which made prior auditioning impossible. A clear case of misrepresentation of condition. What is important to note was that the seller did not contest the situation, nor disagree with my findings, but also immediately agreed to make a full refund. This has unfortunately not happened, and he has fobbed me off with various excuses and postponements over the past six months. Yes, I’ve been patient, as I considered it fair to give him time to arrange the funds, which he claimed to be short of. I have now realised that I will not get my money back, and will have to write it off. In the meantime, this seller has put up many other items on this forum for salle, a professional seller of sorts, and it is very likely other buyers on this group might get hurt. Which is why the question to the Moderators.

Anyway, this permission has now been granted, and I reveal the name of the seller Suman Homroy, from Calcutta, who currently has a couple of amplifiers up for sale on this forum. He is free to give his ‘side of the story’. The facts are as stated, and the nature of the item and it’s price are not relevant.

Sorry to know but we will all request Mr. Suman to refund the amount. I think he should also admit his fault and should not repeat it in this forum.
Let us maintain the For Sale section a trustworthy place where no preaudition should be required.
Thanks.

I have bought a tuner from Mr. Suman Homroy in the past and it arrived in perfect condition and was mostly as described by him. However in this case as G401fan has stated in his case that Mr. Homroy has agreed to refund the amount, he should do so immediately without further delay.
Cheers,
Sid

@sumanhomroy Would be good to hear your response, @G401fan Did you try to get an estimate to fix the "Product" may be the seller could pay for the repair, that would be easier than a full refund

@sumanhomroy Would be good to hear your response, @G401fan Did you try to get an estimate to fix the "Product" may be the seller could pay for the repair, that would be easier than a full refund

The items in question are unrepairable without access to a factory that closed down many years back. They were described by the seller as NOS.

The items in question are unrepairable without access to a factory that closed down many years back. They were described by the seller as NOS.

Oh Then a refund would be the order of the day, I am assuming that these are Tubes then.

I am sure this about the EL34's...yes I agree to refund the amount and I want those valve for testing...however in my post I had not mentioned refund but as a good gesture I will do it...however when we get valves we generally put the same on the amplifier to taste it...in that process the pins will get some scratches which is inevitable...so there is no reason doubt about their genuinity of "NOS"...and in India vendor store the valves without much care so some scratches bound to be there...however Mr.G401 has never mentioned about the other pair that he has received ..I am sure at 40% of the international price NOS Telefunkens must have pleased him...however sir I have tried my level best to procure a similar pair as replacement but did not get one....AND I AM A DEALER OR NOT THAT CANT BE DETERMINED BY POST...AND CERTAINLY I WILL NOT TAKE IT FROM ANYONE WHO DOSENT KNOW ME PERSONALLY...and let me tell you ...I have 95% happy customers (This is not my business my passion) which I think great by any standard....your amount will be paid next week....do check my post again...no refund was mentioned...

And meaning of NOS is "New Old Stock"...the NOS Telefunkens that you have received should be able to justify the definition

Sorry to know but we will all request Mr. Suman to refund the amount. I think he should also admit his fault and should not repeat it in this forum.
Let us maintain the For Sale section a trustworthy place where no preaudition should be required.
Thanks.
Sir how did you determine that the valves were not damaged at his end (G401Fan)...I am assuming that you must have been there when he was putting those valves in his equipment....my question is how exactly and easily you have passed the judgment that I am at fault

I am sure this about the EL34's...yes I agree to refund the amount and I want those valve for testing...however in my post I had not mentioned refund but as a good gesture I will do it...however when we get valves we generally put the same on the amplifier to taste it...in that process the pins will get some scratches which is inevitable...so there is no reason doubt about their genuinity of "NOS"...and in India vendor store the valves without much care so some scratches bound to be there...however Mr.G401 has never mentioned about the other pair that he has received ..I am sure at 40% of the international price NOS Telefunkens must have pleased him...however sir I have tried my level best to procure a similar pair as replacement but did not get one....AND I AM A DEALER OR NOT THAT CANT BE DETERMINED BY POST...AND CERTAINLY I WILL NOT TAKE IT FROM ANYONE WHO DOSENT KNOW ME PERSONALLY...and let me tell you ...I have 95% happy customers (This is not my business my passion) which I think great by any standard....your amount will be paid next week....do check my post again...no refund was mentioned...

Thank you for taking time out to reply. it is always good to hear both sides of the story.

Sir how did you determine that the valves were not damaged at his end (G401Fan)...I am assuming that you must have been there when he was putting those valves in his equipment....my question is how exactly and easily you have passed the judgment that I am at fault
Sumanji, It was not a judgement but a request only. Kindly look at my words. Whether you refund or not is your wish. But don't assume anything. I didn't say that I was there when the valves were being fixed.
And when you are selling something, don't you expect the buyer should be happy as well.
Thank you.

Sumanji, It was not a judgement but a request only. Kindly look at my words. Whether you refund or not is your wish. But don't assume anything. I didn't say that I was there when the valves were being fixed.
And when you are selling something, don't you expect the buyer should be happy as well.
Thank you.
Great he will surely...get his money back..

Your usage of terminology like item is in stock etc. and the fact that most of your postings have only been in the Classifieds section.

Wow ..that's great way to to understand someones profession...like "In stock" or classified etc...however I have seen FM's selling series of audio gear for various reason...all of them are dealer too...don't be so judgmental sir...and even so only for one stray incident...and the buyer cant claim anything as per my ad...however I can understand the issue faced by him and I will help him too...however lot of comments seemed a bit judgmental...sins all of them came before I could explain "MY STORY"...

Suman,

This is not the first time something like this has happened. The tubes you sold me (the irony!) last year was exactly the same story. Just like the OP I had also asked you to come good but till date you have not.

At the very least you are ignorant on what is considered "NOS".
In my opinion you are without doubt selling used junk and calling it NOS.

I am extremely skeptical of your listings and would like to know what exactly is your background.

yes I agree to refund the amount and I want those valve for testing...however in my post I had not mentioned refund but as a good gesture I will do it...however when we get valves we generally put the same on the amplifier to taste it.
Then shouldn't they be working now?

..in that process the pins will get some scratches which is inevitable...so there is no reason doubt about their genuinity of "NOS"...and in India vendor store the valves without much care so some scratches bound to be there..
Is that how you define NOS? Things that have been stored carelessly for years... in other words like junk?

however1 has never mentioned about the other pair that he has received ..I am sure at 40% of the international price NOS Telefunkens must have pleased him...
Its a price you quoted right? Are you regreting selling them now?

however sir I have tried my level best to procure a similar pair as replacement but did not get one....AND I AM A DEALER OR NOT THAT CANT BE DETERMINED BY POST...AND CERTAINLY I WILL NOT TAKE IT FROM ANYONE WHO DOSENT KNOW ME PERSONALLY...
No one needs to know anyone personally. Most of your posts are in the "for sale" section. You are buying things and selling them here...either bulk buying and keeping the good stuff and selling the junk or selling at a profit...either ways its no good. No person in their right mind buys so much audio equipment only for personal use.

and let me tell you ...I have 95% happy customers (This is not my business my passion) which I think great by any standard....
Any data to substantiate this 95% claim?

your amount will be paid next week....do check my post again...no refund was mentioned...[/QUOTE]
e story.
Does that mean you sell stuff that doesnt work?
No refund is for things that are as stated in the ad and in working order not for things that don't work.... for that you should refund the amount immediately and not argue unnecessarily.

Lastly i dont know G401 or any of the other poster on this thread personally but i wouldnt like our forum to be polluted by unscruplous dealers who call themselves enthusiasts. Enough is enough.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back