NAS/ WD mycloud or other options.

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
OK so my main option is to get WD live and WD cloud?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

WD cloud would act as a file server (kinda NAS) to store all your media to a centralized location that you can access from devices connected to your Home lan. WD Live is a media player, its good but the interface is outdated, Android Boxes are the in thing these days, since the performance has grown leaps and bound. Plus you get all the advantages of Android. get Mi box or something like Himedia Q5

I am curious about the Mi Box
From the reviews I read and the product page itself, it seems an "internet-only" box, that too linked to Google universe mostly
I did not see any mention or screenshots of playing content off the local LAN

If Roku is termed as "internet only" box, i'd agree not Android Boxes, Android boxes are much like your phone, on your phone also you can play content off your NAS. Similarly you can play content from your NAS on these boxex as well. Best way is to use kodi for Android. MX Player is also good but you need codes for DTS and AC3 installed separately

Wd cloud has serious security flaws which are yet to be fixed. I would recommend waiting for these to be fixed before spending your hard earned cash on this!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back