Natural, Balanced Earphones under 2.5k

OhJimi

Hello People,

Over the past 2 years, I've gone through one pair of Philips SHE6000 (The Surround Sound/ Reflective speaker thing-a-majig), which I found to be surprisingly balanced and crisp, and a pair of Tekfusion Twinwoofers, which I found to be absolutely tripe, with quite an overpowering bass. When these died on me last year, I didn't bother with warranty and promptly bought another pair of SHE6000, which is now on its death-bed; it'll probably last another month.

I mostly listen to a lot of classic rock, some Chill-out and very select EDM. I'm been looking around this forum, and given my requirement - tight bass with rich, detailed mids and highs, I think a Soundmagic E30 should fit the bill. Your thoughts and recommendations ?

Regarding the E30, I'm concerned about the longevity issues - I've read Amazon reviews of drivers dying within 6 months. Has anyone on the forum had issues with build quality ?

Thanks

Ankit

Edit: Have been reading about the Signature Acoustics C12. What would be its comparison with the E30 ? As someone who appreciates different instruments more than the vocals on the tracks (except something like CSNY or Simon and Garfunkel), I'd prefer detail and richness over bass anyday.

Last edited:
Hi All,
I have been using the Soundmagic E10 for the past year and am really happy with it at this price point it is real VFM.Infact I seem to like it more than the Bose Quitecomfort 15 which I have.Go for it.

I'm on the same boat. My preference is also similar to OhJimi. Any recommendation from proaudiohome ? Would like to buy from Indian retailers.

I am having E10 for past one month. I like the clarity, so much different than Sony, skulcandy of 1.5k range. But I di am not finding any bass at all. Its pretty flat at low end. Mid and highs are good. Overall I liked it, but at 2.3k, was expecting more bass.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back