Need a 10 meter cable which can do 4K@60Hz

deepakvrao

I have read that only a HDMI 2.1 can do this, and they dont go longer than 4 meters? What do home theatre users use to connect to their projectors? Should I get a fiber optic HDMI cable?

Also, is Display port out better or the HDMI port out better? Does Display port out also carry audio?

Last edited:
I have read that only a HDMI 2.1 can do this, and they dont go longer than 4 meters? What do home theatre users use to connect to their projectors? Should I get a fiber optic HDMI cable?

Also, is Display port out better or the HDMI port out better? Does Display port out also carry audio?
Fibre HDMI cable is good for your requirement sir

Fibre optic is better but not a deal breaker. You can go through similar requirements by me. I am happy with the quality offered by the Bluerigger HDMi cable. Will be posting further details soon on that thread.
The display HDMI port of my PC is used as the output and carries audio and video signals together.

Optical is the only reliable option for long distances. You can also get Amazon basics optical HDMI for a very reasonable price. It’s working for me from past 2 years with out any issues.

AmazonBasics High-Speed Fiber Optic HDMI Cable (18 Gpbs - 4k/60Hz), Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K and ARC - 30-Foot Black, Grey https://amzn.eu/d/7UBaKOe

If you are looking for HDMI 2.1 and HDR and all those Hi-Res stuff, please go ahead with Bullet Train HDMI cable. You can procure it from Audioco.

Monoprice, Gefen and Bullet Train are good 48gbps cables. Gefen and Bullet Train are Very Expensive in relation to Monoprice. In general 48Gbps cables are a bit iffy from most sources but these are said to be OK.

(Iffy = they work at 18gbps viz 4k@60 but not at 48gbps viz 4k@120)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back