Need a brand new hifi which have the same sound quality of old sony hifi s.

jithinpv555

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I was using a Sony MHC-GN999Ds, but unfortunately it stopped working in the last week. Now I am planning to buy a new audio system which have the same sound quality. I don't need more RMS watts, but it will deliver all range of music. I am a serious music listener. So i clearly identify lack of mid s, high, and low frequencies in the modern hifi s.
I have tested Sony MHC-GZX33D but i sounds bad. Also tested Sony HT-IV300 5.1. Actually i love to hear surround sound when i play movies. But more than that i need to hear pure music. So please suggest me an audio system. Budget is upto 1 Lakh. I have listen some music in jamo. I like that quality but not going to spend more than 1 Lakh

Hi

If you like Jamo speakers then would suggest the following....

Jamo S426 HCS 3 (5.0) speakers available with Reliance Digital for 28k..Cinebels is selling for 30k...check....

Add a Marantz AVR NR 1504 (34k) or Denon X510 (36-41k)...then speaker cables + HDMI cables + Subwoofer cables... 10k - 15k..... Add Pioneer Blu Ray BDP 180 (15k)

This will be good...you can also check Pioneer AVR.....the Hifi Mart deal for 53k for Pioneer AVR + Boston Acoustic speakers is good too....

Audition as many systems and decide based on performance, appearance and budget...

IMHO Marantz is music first and works well for me, I used many other brands in the past....I hear around 90% music and 10% movies....a nice warm experience....

All the best

Thanks. If I only focus on music which one will you suggest? I have never seen good hifis in latest models. Sony shake 66d is fine. But it lacks mid range drivers. I need a 4 way sstem that delivers perfect blend of music.

i checked the above mentioned jamo speakers. But it lacks subwoofer unit. I have listen in jamo d600 thx certified speakers with marantz avr.

i checked the above mentioned jamo speakers. But it lacks subwoofer unit. I have listen in jamo d600 thx certified speakers with marantz avr.

When your requirement is pure music, why are you even looking for a subwoofer ? Best to go stereo mode.

If you are into music it is better to go with a setup without subwoofer, just CDP+amp+pair of BS or FS. You have a decent budget, try auditioning different brands and decide on one which pleases your ears.

i need a sub because some times i may enjoy few dj tracks :), also its nice to hear mj's and akon's albums with a sub.

some game consoles are listed above? can i use them for audio cd playback? i have nintendo wii. and that was not using from last 2yrs.

i need a sub because some times i may enjoy few dj tracks :), also its nice to hear mj's and akon's albums with a sub.

Try listening to 3 way designs, have you listened to Jamo concert series, they are very musical speakers. BS can give you good bass when you listen to them closely, it may not be boomy like a subwoofer but it will have good thump.

Back