Need a decent amp for my Bose 901 speakers

Hi Rahul,
I dont know what monster u have. Most of the currently available monster is very poor but they had some superb cables years ago. Changing to a better(in ur set up) Interlink and speaker cable will definately help.
Unless u are running long Interlinks there is no need for a balanced connection. It can have its advantages but i doubt in a 1m pair. Secondly ur cdp+pre+ power should all have the balanced inns/outs otherwise its pointless. Stick to a good quality I/L with RCA connectors.
Lastly IMO rhythm House is the best place in bombay for music. Tons of imports available. In case u need something thats not available at the moment they also accept orders.
Rgds

Hey! Rahul I agree with dinyaar.
I've not heard the 901 of recent so, i'm not sure how much detail & bass can they protray
Try changing your cables, but do not buy any without trying them on your set up.
Al most all cables companies have the balanced option for IC.
If your parasound has an balanced option you must def give it a try as I've heard a few amps & CDp which do sound much better with balanced cables.
With balanced IC's you might get a more silent background & thus get a feeling of more detail.
All the best.
Cheers.

I recently bought a pair of 901 Series 6 used and am running with an older Arcam Alpha 8 integrated amp which is only 50WPC 8 ohms.. doubles into 4 Ohms but the bose are a true 8ohn load. Very surprised at how well this amp drives these speakers in my 29 X 15 room. I listen fairly loud rock, pop, jazz.. I have to believe the NAD375BBE is more than up to the task if your Bose are Series 5 or 6..You didn't clairify which series. Antham 225 integrated is also priced like the NAD 375bbe @ 225wpc 8 ohms. Remember get an integrated with a tape monitor loop to accomodate the Bose EQ properly. Last thought is if your pair are 12+ years get the EQ serviced or replace it with a new one. They loose about 10% after 10 years due to aging caps in the EQ.. There's an engineer on Ebay that does this service for 59.95v or you can DYI for 29.95.. I had the pro do mine. Very cheep substantial upgrade.

Hi Rahul,
I am a user of 901's.I had also wasted a lot of money in experimenting with amps.If you are looking for reasonably budgeted amps.Then try Harman Kardon stereo amps.Though the older ones are much better than what are presently available.You require a high current amp.The speakers are good provided you place them correctly and tune the Eq properly.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back