Need a new HT setup. Please guide. budget 75k

krunalkamdar

Hello,
I am going to fulfill my dream of setting up a HT. Kindly advice on these parameters as i am really confused.
1) Is a 42/27 inch tv panel better or projector.
2) For sound i am considering a Onkyo 3500/3700 or Yamaha 299. Which is better according to you.
3) I play movies downloaded from the net. So what should be my Media player. DVD's bluray is something that i might never need.
4) Need youtube on the system. Is it sensible to go for Smart tv or chromecast or Rasberry pi for this??

For the point 3 and 4 above, should i go for a HTPC???

My room size is 15 by 15 feets. Budget is 75k inr.
80% Movie use, 20% music use.
I prefer high base.

Kindly advice.
Thanks in advance.

You can go with any of them
the difference is Onkyo HTS3700 comes with passive sub woofer and Yamaha YHT 299 has active sub woofer
along with that you can go with sony BDP S4500 network bluray player (you tube app included, most of file supported in USB + additional feature is that it is DLNA compatible)
so you can use NAS too

Do not go with smart TV as SONY BDP-S4500 will make your tv smart if you tube is only preference in smart features.

Buy a 55 inch tv from ebay india where are the prices of tvs are more than 50% cheaper.The Samsung uhd tv model no 55JU6400 would cost you about 90000/-
and go a soundbar costing around 20000/- which is more than enough for watching movies with a lot of thump.A budget of 75000 for an ht alone sounds a bit too much

A soundbar costing around 20000/- which is more than enough for watching movies with a lot of thump.A budget of 75000 for an ht alone sounds a bit too much

Sir, you are not serious right ? A sound bar is not a Home theatre and can never even come close to it. With 75 k budget, we can only get a decent 7.x Avr and a Decent pair of Speakers. 50 K for AVR and 25 K for speakers.

If you don't believe me, just walk in to some AV shop for a demo and compare it to a sound bar.

Sorry guys for the confusion , 75k budget is for the entire home theatre setup. I just bought the onkyo 3700 today for 27k.

I still need the led tv/projector / plasma . i like plasma, but am confused if I should buy a dying technology. (room size is 15*15 feet)

I also need a media player. Still considering if I should buy amkete flash media player or increase budget by 10k and go for a gaming+htpc setup.

Thanks for your valuable time and suggestion.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back