Need a Plasma TV

sarge

Dear Guys,

I need a Plasma TV , i liked its picture quality, can you pls share still where its available i want to buy it. , my location kolkata.

QLEDs for more grey details. OLED for accurate colours on what they can display. Plasma, if you are on a budget for natural pic. But I dont think you can find a new plasma tv anywhere.

Or you can even inquire with some retailers if they have an old piece gathering dust in some corner of their godown.
...no harm in trying your luck .

Waiting to discard my samsung 51E8000 5 years old plasma with 2 times panel change due line of death....so be careful buying any plasma.....no doubt the best picture even to match the viewing angles except with the oled....even samsung q7f QLED lightens the black to grey when viewed from just 3 feet angle variation.

@sarge: While there is no doubt that OLED screen is the best screen currently available in the market but I do still enjoy my old Samsung Plasma TV. It was one of the last Plasma models that Samsung released and the picture quality of it after properly tuned easily beats most LED TVs that cost several times more than its price. But one word of caution... If you are really going to enjoy Plasma or OLED TV then you have to use it for the application where it performs the best i.e full screen movies or any such application. Do not use it for watching regular TV channels or applications which don't fill the screen or have static logos in the screen. In this way you would not have to worry about image retention or any issues generated out of screen burning. So if you are able to provide that isolation I would suggest you to buy a used Plasma than a new LED TV. You have to just look for a well maintained used Plasma TV and get it for a fraction of its original price....
Thanks

@sarge: While there is no doubt that OLED screen is the best screen currently available in the market but I do still enjoy my old Samsung Plasma TV. It was one of the last Plasma models that Samsung released and the picture quality of it after properly tuned easily beats most LED TVs that cost several times more than its price. But one word of caution... If you are really going to enjoy Plasma or OLED TV then you have to use it for the application where it performs the best i.e full screen movies or any such application. Do not use it for watching regular TV channels or applications which don't fill the screen or have static logos in the screen. In this way you would not have to worry about image retention or any issues generated out of screen burning. So if you are able to provide that isolation I would suggest you to buy a used Plasma than a new LED TV. You have to just look for a well maintained used Plasma TV and get it for a fraction of its original price....
Thanks
Which model do u have of samsung plasma?

A word of caution.

It will never make sense to invest in a plasma TV today. If you get a deal which is too temping with a great price/condition ratio then maybe you should go ahead.

There's a very little spare parts basket with service centers even at metros. You won't find replacement panels / motherboard easily.

A couple of friend's have dead plasma TVs in their garages with required spares simply not available.

My E8000 has lines near the middle now and got quoted 55000 for the panel replacement. Was surprised they even have panels.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back