Need a quick suggestion for Yamaha Receiver

Looking for some user feedback on Taga 806S as a surround speakers. Saw this in hifimart for around 9K+/pair.

There is a price discount @ HIFIMart for speakers( Today is reflecting)
May it is impact of GST reduction :clapping::yahoo:

Guys,

Finally my cousin has ordered
Klipsch - Quintet V
Yamaha RX-V681BL
And everything is clear.

And we are looking for a sub woofer and sub connection are confusing as well.
Can you please suggest a sub woofer and about it's connection?
AV receiver back:
81S2t%2B2h8GL._SL1500_.jpg

And we are looking for a sub woofer and sub connection are confusing as well.
Can you please suggest a sub woofer and about it's connection?
AV receiver back:
81S2t%2B2h8GL._SL1500_.jpg

The AVR has output for dual subwoofers.. If you will be getting one sub, juz plug it into one of the sub woofer pre-out port..

What is your budget for subwoofer?..

Have you heard the Quintet V?
These are horn speakers and sound different from regular speakers. Best to take an audition.
elangoas will be able to tell you more [emoji4].

Last edited:
The AVR has output for dual subwoofers.. If you will be getting one sub, juz plug it into one of the sub woofer pre-out port..

What is your budget for subwoofer?..

Yes getting one sub for a start.
Room size is small so we are thinking to go with under 20K? I guess that will be sufficient? If not please suggest something future proof.
We are definitely going to upgrade the speaker to high end in 1-2 year.

And what are these ports for?
https://image.prntscr.com/image/0jFONZS9QM2mr9saTkPlRQ.png

And this cable do we need for sub woofer? https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-ULTRA-Subwoofer-Cable-Feet/dp/B003FVYXY0/

Last edited:
These are horn speakers and sound different from regular speakers. Best to take an audition.

It's already been purchased at $225 but yes in future we will upgrade it. So lets see. And there is no way to hear them cannot see it's store availability in India.
My cousin wants to start the speaker setup with low cost as possible for now.

Room size is small so we are thinking to go with under 20K? I guess that will be sufficient? If not please suggest something future proof.
We are definitely going to upgrade the speaker to high end in 1-2 year.

And what are these ports for?
https://image.prntscr.com/image/0jFONZS9QM2mr9saTkPlRQ.png

And this cable do we need for sub woofer? https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-ULTRA-Subwoofer-Cable-Feet/dp/B003FVYXY0/
Yes you need that cable for connecting subwoofer .

Those red color marked port in attached image for connecting speakers according to speaker configuration.If you use 2nd zone options this will act as speaker connector for 2nd Zone output.if not we can configure as Front presence speaker again it is based on ur basic speaker configuration.
It will be mentioned in manual clearly.

Image attached shows rough idea about front and rear presence speaker configuration.
Based on your model the capability differs example :-7.2 or 9.2

Yellow color marked port obviously you might b knowing it is RJ45 network port

46497d093d3393cba8f737a6d94160b4.jpg

1d89c727a908d2f5ca2647af66395353.jpg

Last edited:
Yes you need that cable for connecting subwoofer .

Those red color marked port in attached image for connecting speakers according to speaker configuration.If you use 2nd zone options this will act as speaker connector for 2nd Zone output.if not we can configure as Front presence speaker again it is based on ur basic speaker configuration.
It will be mentioned in manual clearly.

Image attached shows rough idea about front and rear presence speaker configuration.
Based on your model the capability differs example :-7.2 or 9.2

Yellow color marked port obviously you might b knowing it is RJ45 network port

46497d093d3393cba8f737a6d94160b4.jpg

1d89c727a908d2f5ca2647af66395353.jpg

Thanks buddy, yes I know about the network port.
Confused about extra SP1 etc. It's now clear.

For now we only want to set it up as 5.1.

I liked the Klipsch RP series more.. Great highs, but not fatiguing..

It's already been purchased at $225 but yes in future we will upgrade it. So lets see. And there is no way to hear them cannot see it's store availability in India.
My cousin wants to start the speaker setup with low cost as possible for now.

$225 is excellent price..If you had bought here, would have been way expensive..

Taga is one brand aval for that budget.. Check Hifimart (or) ebay.in, where you can use coupon code to get some discount..

Sometimes, the subwoofer might come along with connecting cable.. But that would be short length of say 5/6 feet.. Good to replace stock cable with budget ones..

I liked the Klipsch RP series more.. Great highs, but not fatiguing..

Ok, I will ask for speaker suggestion in next year or so. At the moment we are low on budget and just to start experience real 5.1 :D

$225 is excellent price..If you had bought here, would have been way expensive..
Yes black friday :D, In India it's like 50K

Taga is one brand aval for that budget.. Check Hifimart (or) ebay.in, where you can use coupon code to get some discount..
Sometimes, the subwoofer might come along with connecting cable.. But that would be short length of say 5/6 feet.. Good to replace stock cable with budget ones..

I have checked some unpacking videos and they do not show any cable. So was confused. And neither in the low budget sub they have mentioned about cable.
Can you please suggest a exact model which I go for? I have checked hifimart but mostly are sold. Or maybe what exactly should I look for in sub?
His1c7fUTZCTI1HqAJmL9g.png

Also, please can you also help me with one query which is quite confusing.
As the AV is 110V I need to get a Step Down Transformer but according to specs I am confused what Watts should I get for Transformer.
Even if I use the maximum recommended speakers and 7.2 setup, so
7 speakers: 150 x 7 = 1050Watts
And sub woofer power will be separate

So I think 1100 or 1200W Transformer will be good? Isn't it?

But in the current speaker here it says Max power 1100W. Is it possible to hit peak watt even if the AVR says Maximum Effective Output Power : 150W at 8 Ohms?

Last edited:

Great price.. Forum doesn't encourage comparing India Vs international pricing.. So i refrained quoting the India price..

I have checked some unpacking videos and they do not show any cable. So was confused. And neither in the low budget sub they have mentioned about cable.

If the cable isn't there in the box.. no worries..You can buy an inexpensive one..

Can you please suggest a exact model which I go for? I have checked hifimart but mostly are sold. Or maybe what exactly should I look for in sub?

Really hard to suggest under 20K..

Here is a 12 inch sub on ebay.in for 25K, try using some coupon code, you can get it for 22/23K..- https://www.ebay.in/itm/Taga-Harmony-TSW-200-Active-Subwoofer/282718249418?hash=item41d35221ca:g:6isAAOSwyP5Z-0yO

At present this model is out of stock in hifimart.com..

As the AV is 110V I need to get a Step Down Transformer but according to specs I am confused what Watts should I get for Transformer.

But in the current speaker here it says Max power 1100W. Is it possible to hit peak watt even if the AVR says Maximum Effective Output Power : 150W at 8 Ohms?

Am unaware of the step down transformer watts.. Plz wait for other FM to pitch in here..

Ok, I will ask for speaker suggestion in next year or so. At the moment we are low on budget and just to start experience real 5.1 :D

His1c7fUTZCTI1HqAJmL9g.png

For stepdown transformer you have to look for input current rating not the RMS rating of the speaker since that speaker rating for stereo mode only.
Backside of the receiver or spec sheet shows the Amps rating.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Great price.. Forum doesn't encourage comparing India Vs international pricing.. So i refrained quoting the India price..
Ah sorry, I didn't know that. Wont do next time.

Ok, so Taga Harmony TSW-200 or anything similar will be good to go?
Basically at least 200W?

Ok, so Taga Harmony TSW-200 or anything similar will be good to go?

It is hard to find a 12 inch sub for < 25K.. If you can get any other model for similar price, you should consider it..

Basically at least 200W?

I have a 150W subs, but been using each of them at only 30% volume..At anytime point of time, you might not have the need to go beyond 50% volume on the sub..

That should suffice....power consumption is based on the increase in output volumes and also usage of discrete amps ....stereo mode will use less power..again can increase when you pump up the volume.....

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back