Need Advice and Help For SWIFT DZIRE ZXI ICE/Reverse Cam

sumitkumar0102

Hi Folks and ICE Gurus,
Please be gentle and use layman terms as I am new to ICE world ? (Location Thane - Mumbai)

I am looking for your esteems advice and help I am new to ICE world and so far have been happy with the standard stock music system in the car

I have booked a SWIFT DZIRE ZXI and will be getting the car in 6-7 weeks and thats why I am here to look for a good ICE and other system

My Requirement -- this is obviously my wish list and would depend eventually on the money and budget- I am also ready to get the eventual final set up in phases as an when I have some money to put in but I would like to start buying things with end goal in mind)

Questions-

Is the stock head unit and speaker system ( or any part of it) good enough or do I need to scarp the full thing off

I want to install a good 2 DIN head unit which can facilitate Bluetooth, Ipod/Iphone control, navigation and video (please suggest a good headunit)

Can I integrate the rare camera to display on the head unit (is there a special setup required for that or is that even possible ?????

Is only a rare camera good or do I need parking sensors also (sorry for an offbeat question)

Dzire has a 4 speaker system and 2 tweeters I want them to replace them with 2 good rare speaker and component in the front ( do I need anything else or is this good enough)

Can I avoid Sub woofers and go for some high end speaker in the rare which eliminates the need for subwoofer ( you know the space is at premium in new cramped swift dzire)

If I am going for 2 great speaker in rare and component in front which amp do I need ( how many channel and brand or Ohms etc)

If woofer is unavoidable so which and how many amp would I need for 2 rare / component and sub

Finally is there a space friendly option for woofer like tube woofer or something ..

I know there is too much of questions but I relay need to finalize the architecture so that I can build it in phase

Thanks for your help and support ..thanks a million

Hey Sumit,

to answer to ur questions:
--Is the stock head unit and speaker system ( or any part of it) good enough or do I need to scarp the full thing off
Mostly, all HU and stock speakers in Maurti and or similar companies are always crap. now that depends on individual ears. Always go for component if you can afford.
--I want to install a good 2 DIN head unit which can facilitate Bluetooth, Ipod/Iphone control, navigation and video (please suggest a good headunit)
there are many available in Kenwood, Balupunkt and Pioneer including bluetooth, price will start from 12.5 onwards. Please google to find more information on this. please visit TeamBHP if required.
--Can I integrate the rare camera to display on the head unit (is there a special setup required for that or is that even possible ?????
Perfectly possible in a 2 din audio system. this willl have starting range of over 15400 upwards.
--
Dzire has a 4 speaker system and 2 tweeters I want them to replace them with 2 good rare speaker and component in the front ( do I need anything else or is this good enough)

Can I avoid Sub woofers and go for some high end speaker in the rare which eliminates the need for subwoofer ( you know the space is at premium in new cramped swift dzire)

Again depends on what kind of music you hear and at what volume. usually, most buyers are comfortable with stock systems. Poeple with interest to music and good sound go for component buy ins.

the low freq is not produced well by many speakers irrespective for major brands. It is always good to go for sub if (1) space is not a constraint (2) if you love the low's..

I saw a subwooder from Blaupunkt which was very flat and space saving.. something like a mini suitcase. google them for more info.
-- If I am going for 2 great speaker in rare and component in front which amp do I need ( how many channel and brand or Ohms etc)

for driving your speakers amp is not required your HU powers ur speakers and amp powers the sub(s).

--If woofer is unavoidable so which and how many amp would I need for 2 rare / component and sub
Finally is there a space friendly option for woofer like tube woofer or something ..

Like I said, check of Blaupunkt in google. it is selling for 10000 in snapdeal. I am not recommending them for performance. but form factor.

Lastly dont use tube like woofers as they will eat up entire boot space. check youtube videos.

The stock HU and the nippon speakers of Swift Dzire are utter crap. I just removed them a and packed them nicely so that i can fit it back as new when i sell the car.

Most of the modern 2 Din HUs are not in audiophile grade. You are making a compromise in SQ when you go to 2 din. Even i was badly looking for 2 Din. But, after some research spent the same amount of money on a single din (Alpine 9887). Having said that, you can add some DSP to pump up the SQ. If you are in budget, then go for JVC HUs which support wav playback.

You can definitely have great mid bass without the Sub. You can try the PHD MF series which has an Fs of 49Hz. It rivals the midbass of speakers four times its price range. You need to damp the front doors really well. You can always add a sub later if you want some sub bass + maruti rattling :p. Forget the rear speakers. They don't add any value. To me, rear fill is useless. It is same like a good stereo system can create better imaging than a 5.1 system. Invest in good front components and you will be happy ;)

Thanks Sribuddy and matbhuvi ... really good ground to start with ...i forgot to ask one question --

- does the aftermarket audio systems integrate with the steering mounted control in the maruti ... in other words - if i remove the stock system will the steering mounted controls become useless :sad:

Thanks

I think you can get some sort of adapter for integrating with the steering mounted remote control. Wherever you are going to get the head unit please check with those guys they have the adapter specific for each car model I think.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back