Need advice for extended warranty on Sony tv

niftianmadhur

Hi all, I purchased a new Sony x7500h tv ( 55 inch) recently from Reliance and I was offered 2 years extended warranty for 9.5K. The tv is purchased for 70K. I wanted to know if it is wise to go for 2 years extended warrenty for 9.5K or is it a waste. Also, Reliance is claiming that this warranty will hold for any issue resulting from voltage fluctuations also. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I purchased a new Sony x7500h tv ( 55 inch) recently from Reliance and I was offered 2 years extended warranty for 9.5K. The tv is purchased for 70K. I wanted to know if it is wise to go for 2 years extended warrenty for 9.5K or is it a waste. Also, Reliance is claiming that this warranty will hold for any issue resulting from voltage fluctuations also. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have learnt the lesson to always go for extended warranty. I had purchased a QLED panel in 2018 , which went out of warranty in June 2020 and my TV got a horizontal bluish line during september end. Samsung unlike LG were not willing to entertain any requests outside warranty and asked me to pay a good 65k for getting the panel replaced when a new TV is available for 80k odd.

I could have got myself out of this mess if I had opted for extended warranty.

Go for it. Atleast you will have a peace of mind for 3 years. And in 3 years time, you will know if your TV has manufacturing defects or not - if it doesn't, it will last a hell lot of time. Plus have a voltage stabilizer installed even if they claim your TV has smps that can withstand 8000 volts surge voltages and lightning strike tolerance. In reality even constant 250 volts supply of high voltage can get your TV's icbs. And UPS does not regulate as much. Voltage stabilizer, extended warranty and sound bars are something every TV buyer has to consider spending above the budget for a proper peaceful visual and audio experience these days.

Extended warranty is sort of insurance of the product. If anything goes wrong they fix it or replace/refund in some cases. Just make sure the start date is 1 year after manufacturer date. 1year sony + 2 year RD = 3 year total
They mention start and end date on the warranty form.

Yes you should go for extended warranty. Because for any electronics product u can't predict what can happen during its life span. So better to be in safer side having extended warranty period.

Was this Sony warranty or Rd warranty? Are Rd and Croma extended warranties worth it?
I also got an extended warranty from Croma and not from Sony. Croma, a Tata company and RD is reliance, two big boys, perhaps a titan equivalant to Samsung, LG and Sony in global presence. They should be good enough me thinks.

I called Croma salesman and asked if Croma's extended warranty covers everything. He said yes. The same brand's engineers will attend the TV and will be paid by back office of Croma for the spares and service charge.

I called Croma salesman and asked if Croma's extended warranty covers everything. He said yes. The same brand's engineers will attend the TV and will be paid by back office of Croma for the spares and service charge.
Thanks for getting back with the details

Thats very nice. You're right it does give a fair amount of confidence being Croma warranty vs any other 3rd party warranty. Croma confirming that is great as well.

9200 for 2 years extended warranty is a good price too. Is yours a 55 inch or 65 inch screen?

Thanks for getting back with the details

Thats very nice. You're right it does give a fair amount of confidence being Croma warranty vs any other 3rd party warranty. Croma confirming that is great as well.

9200 for 2 years extended warranty is a good price too. Is yours a 55 inch or 65 inch screen?
Mine, I bought on November 2020 at Croma with 2 years extended warranty for Rs.14000 for the Sony 75" 8000h which I got it for 2.11 lakhs. By the next week itself it went down to 1.99 in Croma with 2 years extended warranty priced at 12500. Overall loss of Rs. 13500 had I bought it a week later. But that one week was worth buying earlier at hindsight as the whole family relished watching diwali specisl programs in our brand new 75" screen.

Mine, I bought on November 2020 at Croma with 2 years extended warranty for Rs.14000 for the Sony 75" 8000h which I got it for 2.11 lakhs. By the next week itself it went down to 1.99 in Croma with 2 years extended warranty priced at 12500. Overall loss of Rs. 13500 had I bought it a week later. But that one week was worth buying earlier at hindsight as the whole family relished watching diwali specisl programs in our brand new 75" screen.
Glad to hear it, yes I read about your experience and I totally agree that personal experience should be placed higher than a few thousand, esp when we are spending so much anyways.

I would have pulled the plug right away for the 65inch x9000h but the sony debacle of non-existent 2.1 firmware has stopped/saved me. I am right now undecided, exploring options b/w cx, 90/95t, and x9000h

Need some help on this.
I approached the local service center to get extended warranty earlier this year and they insisted on getting the warranty card of the tv. I'm not able to find it, and they are not willing to accept the invoice. Then the lockdown happened and they were closed for several months, and now the warranty is expired, and now customer service too has washed their hands off it saying warranty is over and they can't do anything.

I'm a big Sony fan but this lack of empathy is pretty disappointing. Whenever you buy something from anybody these days, they're quick to use the covid excuse for any delays or inability to honour commitments, but then when we customers do the same, suddenly it's all process .

Sorry to continue the offtopic discussion - in America where they have to divorce once each day before breakfast or you could get jailed, their Abraham Lincoln times CRT TVs are mercury abundant that could make them a millionaire if sold, thus mystery of the increasing divorce cases solved!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back