Need Advice on Compatability of Dragonfly Black with Android Box Devices

sound and music

I have Dragonfly Black which works perfectly with my computers and Android phone (8.0 - Oreo).

However, it does not work with my Minix Neo-X8 android box (with older Android version 4.4.2).

Has anyone tried using Dragonfly Black/Red with other Android boxes with newer versions? Does it work?

Kindly let me know.

I have Dragonfly Black which works perfectly with my computers and Android phone (8.0 - Oreo).

However, it does not work with my Minix Neo-X8 android box (with older Android version 4.4.2).

Has anyone tried using Dragonfly Black/Red with other Android boxes with newer versions? Does it work?

Kindly let me know.

If your Android TV box supports USB-OTG function, then you should be able to add DAC to ATB.. I guess USB-OTG was a standard feature from Android 5.0 onwards..

If your Android TV box supports USB-OTG function, then you should be able to add DAC to ATB.. I guess USB-OTG was a standard feature from Android 5.0 onwards..

Yes, my box has a separate USB-OTG slot but Dragonfly is not working when attached to it via an adaptor.

Yes, I was referring to USB-OTG Cable as an adaptor.

Has anyone tried using Dragonfly with the android box (version 5.0 onwards)?

Ok.. I don't have a USB DAC handy to try it.. But i have Z69 Android TV box that runs on Nougat (7.1).. I connected the USB-OTG port from that TV Box to my SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier (DAC amplifier) via USB-> Micro USB cable and it works flawlessly..

If your TV Box supports USB-OTG, please check the audio settings in your ATB.. Since Dragonfly doesn't have volume control. set your ATB volume to roughly 30% on the volume bar and try it..

Ok.. I don't have a USB DAC handy to try it.. But i have Z69 Android TV box that runs on Nougat (7.1).. I connected the USB-OTG port from that TV Box to my SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier (DAC amplifier) via USB-> Micro USB cable and it works flawlessly..

If your TV Box supports USB-OTG, please check the audio settings in your ATB.. Since Dragonfly doesn't have volume control. set your ATB volume to roughly 30% on the volume bar and try it..

I have checked the audio settings but still does not work. I think this problem is due to the older Android version.

What music apps are you using? Do poweramp/playerpro work via USB-OTG?

I have checked the audio settings but still does not work. I think this problem is due to the older Android version.

Could be due to the older version of Android.. Anyways, try this app from playstore on your device - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.faitaujapon.otg just to rule out the device issues..

What music apps are you using? Do poweramp/playerpro work via USB-OTG?

I was playing youtube on it just to check and update you if that feature works on my generic Z69 Android TV Box..

I had tried hibymusic - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hiby.music&hl=en_IN and music player (trial version) on old android mobie running on Android 4.4.4 (Don't recollect the v correctly), but not on the ATB.. Am hoping these players would also work on my ATB without any issues..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back