Need advice on good network player/streamer

ganesankmc

Hi
I set my NAIM separates after several years of lying idle in the store room. My setup is
Preamp NAC 72
Poweramp NAP 140
CD player NACD 3
Speaker Linn Keilidh.

I love the music but I don't know how it will compare with the current line of separates.
My source is limited with just the cd player.
I am thinking of buying a network player to hook it to the amp.

I am thinking of either
Cocktail audio X10 or X12 or
Sonos Connect

I would value your opinions very much if any of you know these systems

To use streaming music you need some kind of computer, right ?

And believe me it takes some effort to get all right . Once you get it right maybe it would beat the CD player depending on quality of components

I am absolutely a computer audio guy and still I would say don't discount your CDP
Change it's power cable, it makes a massive difference and give it a fair a chance

New technology is not necessary it's better specially with so many variables and PC coming into play

Yes a computer affects the final sound so much so it's good and bad both
Good because with tweaking you can get it right but then are more chances to screw it completely

To use streaming music you need some kind of computer, right ?

And believe me it takes some effort to get all right . Once you get it right maybe it would beat the CD player depending on quality of components

I am absolutely a computer audio guy and still I would say don't discount your CDP
Change it's power cable, it makes a massive difference and give it a fair a chance

New technology is not necessary it's better specially with so many variables and PC coming into play

Yes a computer affects the final sound so much so it's good and bad both
Good because with tweaking you can get it right but then are more chances to screw it completely

Thank you for the input.. I am trying to connect my laptop.

Yeah so thats what I meant
Tweaking the Laptop OS will change sound drastically but it's not easy and time consuming
So if you not well versed with PC I would suggest you to use your current CDP and maybe upgarde power cable
Even power cable will make big difference

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back