Need advice on good player to convert vinyl to digital format

matbhuvi

My primary way of listening is digital music. But, most of my favorite composer Ilayaraja songs are in vinyl. So, i am planning to buy a vinyl player to rip the audio into high resolution music. Of course, the player will be added to my home stereo chain as well. But, the main purpose is good quality conversion. As i am total noob when it comes to turn table, need some suggestion. Is a budget of 10K is sufficient to get a quality turn table?

Short answer - depends.
Long answer - search and research can give you a good TT within 10K (used).

Keep searching in for sale section here.

If you have those records with you, and if they are not too many, you can request somebody who already has a good TT to get it digitized at his place to test your path.

I think having a TT is worth using it.

Dear matbhuvi

Here in Coimbatore there is guy named Muthsamy ilayaraja who has digitised version of most of ilayaraja songs. I don't have the number right now but will mail u soon. He also has Facebook account by the same name I suppose . I did buy two CDs from him but being an analogue addict I couldn't appreciate the digitised versions. You may talk to him and decide and also I think there is a guy near satya studios who digitises CDs in 32 bitrate.
Regards
Srinivas

Dear matbhuvi

Here in Coimbatore there is guy named Muthsamy ilayaraja who has digitised version of most of ilayaraja songs. I don't have the number right now but will mail u soon. He also has Facebook account by the same name I suppose . I did buy two CDs from him but being an analogue addict I couldn't appreciate the digitised versions. You may talk to him and decide and also I think there is a guy near satya studios who digitises CDs in 32 bitrate.
Regards
Srinivas

I did get a sample from him. The dynamic range was very poor. After that, we have spent close to 20K to collect oriental and other good quality Raja CDs around the world.

Back