Need advice on setting up my 1st HT - Denon X2800H/X3700H + Polk ES Speakers

ramqmar

Hi, I'm new to this forum and to the whole Home Theatre scene.

I have a small 10.5'*10.5' room where I have a 55 inch Samsung AMOLED TV (not 4k) mounted to the wall and a Yamaha HTiB 5.1 setup. Been using this for over 10 years without any issues. Now, I am interested in upgrading to a 5.1.2 ATMOS setup (hoping the small room size won't be an issue). My 1st choice was Denon X2800H (Offer price of 89k). But we do have plans in future to renovate and expand this bedroom (the end result room size could be like 10.5' to 22'). And with that room size we may want to add a few more channels to the ATMOS system which won't be possible with X2800H. So I'm considering X3700H (Offer price of 1.1L).

Is it still a good option to consider X3700H given that it's discontinued last year? And in the event of some breakdown, won't the availability of parts be an issue? Or is it like 3700 & 3800 use more of less the same components and so spare parts availability won't be a problem?

Many of the dealers who didn't have 3700 stock were pushing me to go for 3800 which is costing me around 1.3L. Even though 20k difference is not huge, I personally feel that I'll never use the extra features it offers. So I'm not considering it.

I've shortlisted Polk's Signature Elite series speakers for my setup. 2*ES15 for FL & FR, ES30 for Center, 2*ES10 for SL & SR and HTR10 Sub. I do not have enough space for a stand to go with bookshelf speakers. Only option is wall mountable speakers so I couldn't consider ES20, ELAC Debut 6.2, 5.2, etc. The idea was to get a pair of ES55/60 towers in future when we have a bigger room and move the ES15s to rear and ES10s to the ceiling and so on. Is the choice of speakers good enough for my setup?

This is my 1st attempt at setting up a HT. And I look forward to your suggestions. Thanks.

You can go ahead with 3700. Latest model prices are usually overinflated with minimal improvement in features. I have polk s15, the previous version of es15 and s35 as well. I'm not disappointed

You can go ahead with 3700. Latest model prices are usually overinflated with minimal improvement in features. I have polk s15, the previous version of es15 and s35 as well. I'm not disappointed
Thank you for the feedback. I see that you've also mentioned OWM3 in your config. Do you recommend it?

Also, IIRC, I saw someone posted that they got a quote of 99k in Sept 2022 for 3700 from The Revolver Club. I reached out to them today and the best they could offer was 1.12L. Typically the price should've gone down considering the model is discontinued but doesn't seem to be the case.

Revolver club is not authorised dealer I think. Better to go for brick and mortar store.
And I do recommend owm3 as surrounds.

Last edited:
I do have Denon 3600H bought 3 years ago, They upgraded that model to 3700H 1.5 years back then 3800H now with minimal feature differences. How ever i do get Software update till date from Denon. I think they keep same firmware for the specific series. And i think except specific h/w parts most of the major h/w components will be same for the series. So there will not be any issues with the 3700H.
Personally i felt Polk's Signature Elite series were slightly overwhelmed in bright image, so I felt slightly flat sound stage while auditioning. If you have already auditioned the speakers and like it then it should be good to go.
Also if you are movie freak , Get good powerful subs like Rythemic/REL/SVS/XTZ ..etc.
Other speakers to consider
Wharfedale ,Dali , Monitor Audio, Sonodyne ..etc in the similar budget range.

Revolver club is not authorised dealer I think. Better to go for brick and mortar store.
And I do recommend owm3 as surrounds.
Any way I can find out the who all are authorized dealers for Denon in India? Cuz there are multiple companies selling Denon AVRs.
Their site only lists 2 names a) Preeti Trading Corp, Mumbai b) Pro FX Tech, Bangalore. They both seem to be the master distributors.

I do have Denon 3600H bought 3 years ago, They upgraded that model to 3700H 1.5 years back then 3800H now with minimal feature differences. How ever i do get Software update till date from Denon. I think they keep same firmware for the specific series. And i think except specific h/w parts most of the major h/w components will be same for the series. So there will not be any issues with the 3700H.
Personally i felt Polk's Signature Elite series were slightly overwhelmed in bright image, so I felt slightly flat sound stage while auditioning. If you have already auditioned the speakers and like it then it should be good to go.
Also if you are movie freak , Get good powerful subs like Rythemic/REL/SVS/XTZ ..etc.
Other speakers to consider
Wharfedale ,Dali , Monitor Audio, Sonodyne ..etc in the similar budget range.
Thank you for the confirmation.
I've auditioned ES series and like them. :) But I'll still explore the other options that you've suggested.

Any way I can find out the who all are authorized dealers for Denon in India? Cuz there are multiple companies selling Denon AVRs.
Their site only lists 2 names a) Preeti Trading Corp, Mumbai b) Pro FX Tech, Bangalore. They both seem to be the master distributors.
Most of these bookshelf speakers are not wall mountable. That is also one of the reasons why I went with ES15s & ES10s.
Sorry I should've specifically mentioned it in my 1st post that I'm looking for bookshelf speakers that either have a keyhole or threads to wall mount.

SVS Satellite speakers are wall mountable. Plus their small size will suit my needs.
Are they as effective as their subwoofers? Anybody here who's used them or auditioned them?

Hi FMs,

I finally picked up my X3700H, ES15s, ES30 and OWM3s a couple of days back. Also, went with HTS12 instead of HTS10. Waiting impatiently for ES10s to be delivered over the weekend or max by early next week. Hopefully, installation and wiring should be done today/tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

To protect the HT setup, I also ordered a 5KVA Static Voltage Stabilizer from NKB Technocrats after some research on Servo/Static and reading a lot of good reviews on the forum about Manan/NKB. It should be delivered in a couple of days.

This forum is loaded with such useful information and FMs who're always willing to help. Thanks once again.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back