Need advice on subwoofer driver

Subbiya

I found one the subwoofer driver which seems good than Dayton Audio RSS315HF-4 12.

AD12-300

I need experts advice on this driver. one of my friend is about to come to india from uk, I can ask him to buy this driver. I had attached the small paramater comparision.

Thanks,
Subbiya

Attachments

• driver.jpg
    driver.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 106
I found one the subwoofer driver which seems good than Dayton Audio RSS315HF-4 12.

AD12-300

I need experts advice on this driver. one of my friend is about to come to india from uk, I can ask him to buy this driver. I had attached the small paramater comparision.

Thanks,
Subbiya

seem very similar in T/s. the Dayton will need a smaller box. the Inductance of the ad12 is higher, which points to possibly a less sophisticated motor. (it'll also need to be crossed over earlier - but that is irrelevant if you are using it as a sub.)

@kapvin, thanks for sharing your sugesstions, I was planning to use this driver for vented subwoofer. I dont find any other drivers with this spec. at this price. Please share if anything.

@kapvin, thanks for sharing your sugesstions, I was planning to use this driver for vented subwoofer. I dont find any other drivers with this spec. at this price. Please share if anything.

You can very well check the car subwoofer market. Check the Infinity reference 12 ( SVC/DVC) series around 7 K

The AD12 looks like the Eminence Lab12 which is available in India. Could be made by Eminence ! Check out the Lab12 price before buying the AD12. These are far more rugged than the car speakers though it's possible the Pioneer 306R at some Rs 3K or so , looks like a great bargain ! However Qts is 0.8 .Very high and might have enclosure size issues ! Poorly done , you will get boomy bass !

The lab12 that someone mentioned is supposed to be really worthy woofer and there is an eminence dealer in chennai. the only thing that ever prevented me from using the lab series was the foam surround. I had some foam rot issues with an expensive set of speakers many years ago, and that scared me good. I am told that technology has progressed on foam surrounds since then, but once bitten, twice shy..

best wishes

I would choose Dayton driver. Its about 3 db more sensitive and can handle more power. Means more sturdy coil and can play louder. For same db level between two driver, Dayton will have less distortion. Its Vas is also lower, means for same size cabinet, it can output lower frequencies better.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back