Need advice on upgrading my audio system

Though I would not recommend the 309, I would certainly recommend the 303, IF you can get them. They have been one of B&W's best budget speakers ever. Actually if you locate a source, buy a pair for me also. I will send you a DD.

Cheers

Hi Venkat,

I did manage to find some reviews on 309. B&W site does not contain any mention of these. These I believe were meant for the asian markets primarily (even sold in germany and nz). Most of the reviewers are calling it very average speakers.

future bazaar also has DM 603 s1. So now I am thinking of either 303s as rears or 603 as my front and moving the 602s2 as rears. The 603s1 costs twice as much as 303. Which one of these do you think is a better option.

If I go for 303, I could get a cheapo sub in my budget, but on the other hand, if I go for 603, I might not feel the need for a sub, or atleast can live without it for some time as these are floorstanders and might have better base.

I did see one 603 s3 for sale in the forums but its way out of my budgets. I would have loved to get those though.

I cannot audition these speakers, so I will be solely dependant on guidance from the forums members and reviews. I am planning to order these sometime this weekend.

Any other brands that will mix well with B&W, just to see some other options.

Doors,

I have not heard the 600 series, so I cannot comment on it. The 303, on the other hand, is a superb speaker. In addition to winning numerous awards, it was one of the first budget loudspeakers to ever get into Stereophile's List of Recommended Components.

I have heard the 303s many times, and they sound good across all genres of music. I m sure they will play very well in a HT System also.

Cheers

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back