Need Advice. Stereo System for a Trance Music fan.

curiosity

Hi Guys,

I want to set up a Stereo System for my bed-room. I primarily listen to EDM: Trance and Progressive music and also enjoy Vocal Trance. The room size is approx 12'x11' and the distance from the speakers would be a approx. 8'. I am a novice in terms of Hi-fi and my primary knowledge comes from the web.
I need guidance in terms of wirings(which company to go for and what quality), Bookshelf Speakers, Amp and CD player. Also would adding a sub be useful?

From what knowledge I have gained from the web and this useful website is that Wharfedale seem to be a good choice with Marantz Amp. I would do an audition for the same but still require all experts to chip in with their advice in terms of other makes and combination. My budget would be approx Rs.50,000/- for the whole thing incl. wiring.

So please advice guys as to what should be the ideal setup with regards to my music choice.

Thanks Guys! Appreciate you help in advance.

a decent pair of bookshelves matched with a stereo amp will do nicely. check out the ushers s520, wharfedale diamond series, kef iq series and monitor audio bronze series. apparently the ushers are the speakers to beat in terms of value. once you've decided on the speakers get an amp to match from marantz, cambridge, nad.

Ok, will audition Usher and Wharfedale this weekend. What about KEF and Monitor? Where can i get an audition for these? I am based out of Mumbai.

Take your own music along. If possible, take something you are highly familiar with and on medium (cd/hd) that you'll be using as source. Having heard them in your target bedroom to understand room acoustics will help. Pay attention to the cables they are using. Many hifi shops use generic or entry level cables only.

Agree with ROC Klipsch is the one you are looking for, you can also look at Polk.
Try to audition any of Klipsch's bookshelves rather than the lower end of their floorstanders. I'm sure you will get what you asked for. :eek:hyeah:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back