Need advice to install car audio system for mahindra kUV 100

rajelectron

Hello Experts,
please advice good audio system to install in my new mahindra KUV100 which has single DIn slot only :sad: ,my budget is approx 25K,can extend little bit :)

My requirement:
1. Crystal clear audio quality not louder
2.Good highs(treble) and mid range.
3.Earth shaking bass-i love it.
4. I will play most of my collection in FLAC format or high bitrate MP3\AAC format.

Suggestion required :
1. on Head unit: which supports flac and high bitrate MP3\AAC.
2. Speakers: Front door speaker for Mid range frequencies, tweeters for clear High Frequencies.sub-woofer with extraordinary bass
3. Amplifier: need suggestion to drive above speakers\subwoofer.
4. Connecting wires: pls suggest good brand for wiring,i believe there is noticeable difference if we install with proper gauge wire.

Waiting for your comments\suggestions.
Thanks,
:)

Hi

Look at Pioneer brand or Blaupunkt. The best in Car Audio.

For Subs....look at JBL....

Depending on where you are located in India, FMs can recommend which dealer to go to...

Choose a head unit with Bluetooth connectivity. They are fairly inexpensive now and will reduce the hassle of using aux cable.
To start with, a pair of component speakers in front and coaxial speakers in the rear will be a good idea. Go for the largest sizes which will fit without major mounting alterations. JBL makes good speakers for cars and are good value.
Depending on the speaker impedance, choose the amp which will power them. Car amps are usually stable into 2 ohms, however, budget speakers will be rated at 4ohm and you may save money by getting 4ohm stable 4 CH amp.
If planning to add a sub later, go for a HU with 3 RCA preouts -front-rear-sub. Also choose HU with 5v preouts that will require lower amp gains making it run cooler and longer. Sony makes good HUs but are often over looked. They support running rear speakers in rear bass enhanced Mode which will compensate lack of sub.

Congratulations for your new car!

Hello Experts,
please advice good audio system to install in my new mahindra KUV100 which has single DIn slot only :sad: ,my budget is approx 25K,can extend little bit :)

Waiting for your comments\suggestions.
Thanks,
:)

Hi,

When it comes to ICE, things are very different. Before you start researching on the equipment, find a trusted ICE dealer in your town. Once you have found him, see what is available in his stock. Every dealer stocks different stuff depending on the region and his contacts. Once you know what is in the dealer's stock, research on those components and pick the best one suiting your requirements. He may even try to get a unit better suited to your taste.

Remember a good and trusted dealer is extremely important.

Do keep us updated.

All the best
MaSh

Thanks All for Prompt responses:clapping:

@efernand1: I have checked the poineer HU(single DIn) in website but none of the them supports FLAC...but any way i will check with local dealer on this

@pathakajit , Yes i agree with u,Blutooth support is one of the feature to have in HU,thanks again for reminding. as suggested by you,i will start doing research for a pair of component speakers in front and coaxial speakers in the rear+HU(which support 3 pre-outs)...then i will upgrade the sub woofer with AMP ....but i feel subwoofer is needed for car like KUV 100 which has long high,width...i mean more space inside the car compared to other hatchback...may be i am wrong... :eek:

@MaSh, yes agree ,i need to find good and trusted dealer and start exploring on the stock what i am looking for, any pointer for good dealer in bangalore(stays near tinfactory)..

@MaSh, yes agree ,i need to find good and trusted dealer and start exploring on the stock what i am looking for, any pointer for good dealer in bangalore(stays near tinfactory)..

Oh Bangalore. Lots of options here. The most recommended would be Sachins Autoshop in Kormangala. The address is
Address: No. 432, Near Someshwara Temple, 1 st Main, 7th Block, Koramangala, Bangalore -560 095. Phone:080 4110 4109

You can also, visit Evo. The address is
336, 1st Main Rd, Near Sai Baba Temple, Opp Ranka Corner, Cambridge Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560008 Phone:098453 76094

PS: I have personally used the services of both, hence recommending.

All the Best,
MaSh

Last edited:
I hv also Mahindra KUV100.
Want to install touch screen stereo with bluetooth.
But KUV100 has single din head so double din stereo cant be installed even with the support of fram/strip. ?(according to aftermarket shop)

Are Single Din stereo with touch screen display available ?

And yes..we few kuv owners have whatsapp group for kuv.If you are interested,plz msg me on 8866987533

Last edited:
I did first round of exploring the Head units which matches with my requirement...here are the list :

1. JVC kd-x320bt:
KD-X320BT | Digital Media Receivers | Car Audio | JVC India

2. SONY Mex-n4150bt:
http://www.sony.co.in/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/mex-n4150bt

3. poineer: no luck,none of the model support FLAC...

Any other brand which support flac???

Some vendors suggesting DAMPING to the car doors to avoid any external or internal vibration\noise,do we really require that??

I would go with JVC. Sony is not very respected when it comes to ICE. Which speakers and amp are you going in for?

Damping does help in getting rid of unwanted door rattles, outside tyre noise, etc. You can do it if you feel the car is not well damped.

MaSh

Finally installed audio system in KUV 100
Head unit: JVC KD-R971BT
KD-R971BT | CD Receivers | Car Audio | JVC KENWOOD Australia

Additional cd option compared to KD-X330BT(just 700 Bucks extra)

component set: MTX audio-MTX terminator TRS654
MTX Europe - Products

co-axial set: MTX audio-MTX Terminator TR654
MTX Europe - Products

audio clarity is just awesome... :yahoo: but bass punch is missing ,which am planing to add later with dedicated AMP and subwoofer....

Total it cost's me 17.7K/-

Thanks for suggesting JVC really satisfied... :clapping:

Congrtas and thanks for sharing. i have Same MTS componenet and co axial speakers fitted with Sony Amps in my Nissan Terrano and it sounds very good. I didnot feel the need for a Sub. Connect Amp and see if it makes any difference. It should definitely make. Any specific reason for not going for Double din HU? How is this one?

I need a complete car audio set up for my new KUV 100 K4+. Frankly i don't have much ideas in car stereo. My budget is around 20k. It would be grateful if you can suggest me the kits with brand name and its model. Thank you.

Back