Need advise on indiq audio vs GR Research vs CSS audio vs Other Best Brands out here in comparison

VMRKarnati

Happy to start at this Great Forum!!! Lot to learn, implement, share and grow…

I am new Hi-Fi enthusiast, planning and learning for my first HT setup.

Looking for dual zone setup in combination of bookshelves and towers. (Which ever suits best)

5.1.2 (Movies & Music) & 2.0 (Music).

Will plan between
  • L shape living room (getting 14x22 rectangle space, unfortunately 14 as the viewing side ☹)
  • A 11x11 guest BR space.
  • Sub woofers portion I want to plan last.
Could you please advise,
  • GR Research: As per latest options, does these kits still worth to get to India and build them.
  • They seems Great for Music, Will these perfect for HT setups also
  • On top of the kit cost how much will be total landing cost we need to plan covering things like custom import charges, clearance, other additions if any.
  • Does anyone having CSS audio kits and experienced them?
  • Will decent Amps sufficient to bring best out of them or Pre-Outs required.
I see many positive reviews and recommendations about indiq audio.
  • How are they for HT setups in comparison.
  • I know, these will be purely on personal taste and requirement, still overall any recommendations in detailed comparison between indiq audio vs GR Research vs CSS audio vs other best brands out here...
I request experts, experienced members to please share your valuable inputs in terms of technicalities, overall quality, and value for money to look for ….

Thanks,

Welcome to the forum, and I'm confident that you will gain a wealth of knowledge and experience from participating in it. Here are responses to your questions:

1. Are kits good? Yes, they are beneficial, but they come with their own set of challenges. Customs and shipping expenses typically amount to approximately 40-50% of the invoice value, with the actual amount varying depending on luck. Another challenge is ensuring that the boxes are finished according to your preferences. It's not just about the money; it also requires effort and time to find a reliable person to accomplish this task. If you enjoy do-it-yourself projects, then opting for kits is a suitable choice. The satisfaction derived from a DIY project is incomparable. However, cost-wise, kits tend to be more expensive compared to ready-made products. Warranty and support could be problematic if something goes wrong, potentially rendering all your efforts futile. It would be helpful if individuals who have worked with these kits could share their experiences.
  2. When comparing Indiq Audio with other brands, you can do a search and find many satisfied customers. Here is a recent review (https://www.hifivision.com/threads/indiq-signature-mishra-v2-ownership-experience.93146/) that can provide you with some guidance.
Over the past three months, I have auditioned various speakers, including Triangle Br 09, Kef Q750, QA Concept 40, Dali 7, Monitor Audio S 300, and Indiq Achals. Based on my experience and personal listening preferences, I would rank them as follows: Monitor Audio S 300 (Best) -> Indiq -> Kef -> Triangle Br 09 -> QA -> Dali 7 (did not appeal to me). However, your preferences may differ significantly, so I recommend auditioning them before making a purchase.

For your specific setup: If you're aiming for a 5.1.2 setup, it is recommended to choose bookshelf speakers and pair them with a subwoofer. In a room of such size, relying solely on tower speakers without a subwoofer might not provide a satisfying bass impact. Additionally, if you're already investing in a subwoofer, there's no need to spend extra on tower speakers. For a room measuring 11x11, bookshelf speakers placed on stands should suffice. It's important to audition various speaker combinations, preferably in an untreated room if you don't plan to treat your room. Keep in mind that the treated and untreated room experience with the same equipment will differ greatly.

Hope it helps!

Thanks a lot for your valuable explanation and inputs.

I like DIY but the real challenge in India is getting to skilled dependencies in making the flatpacks to perfection.

Surely, I will get subwoofer, but my thought is, instead of adding all at once, start with LCR with surrounds and based on observations and feedback want to plan additional selections. With bookshelf setup it must be required from day one.

I need to check indiq demo option possibilities at Hyderabad.

Will 11x11 room also works good to plan for 5.1.2 setup using bookshelves or way too much. Towers will be definitely over killing, I guess...
This room option may provide dedicated space and can think of some acoustic options.

Looking forward for real time experiencing user feedback, how far these kits are worth quality wise getting all the way from remote in comparison to make in India availabilities. Thanks again….

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back