Need help picking a new 5.2.4 set up for about Rs 10 lakh

mansahej

Hey everyone,

I am looking to set up an audio system for a large living space (floor plan attached) in a new house. My budget for the same is around 10 lakh (can push a little if necessary), it will be used for listening to both music (classic rock, jazz, and punjabi mainly) and watching movies (mainly action). I am hoping to get some advice primarily regarding the choice of AVR, floor-standing speakers, and subwoofer.

My rough budget allocation (open to change) is as follows:
1) AVR - MARANTZ CINEMA 50 - Rs 2 lakh
2) Floorstanding Speakers (Pair) - AUDIO SOLUTION FIGARO S - Rs 3.4 lakh
3) Center Channel - AUDIO SOLUTION FIGARO CENTER - Rs 2 lakh
4) Rear Channel - AUDES 206 (*2) - Rs 90k
5) Atmos - SS-82EARTHQUAKE (*4) - Rs 1.2 lakh
6) Subwoofer - REL SUB-WOOFER HT-1205 (*2) - Rs 2 lakh

I have demoed the Figaro speakers and like their sound but am willing to try any other floor-standing pair for around 4 lakh. My list includes KEF R-7, Dali Rubicon 6, and Polk Audio Legend L800. My questions are whether I should add any others to the list. And whether you kind people have any preferences among those listed. I am also based in Nashik and can travel to Mumbai and Pune to demo any suggestions.

As I am relatively inexperienced I would also like to know if my allocation among the components is appropriate. I feel that as the system will run in stereo mode a large amount of the time, the floor standing and AVR demand most of my budget. Is that correct? Are two subwoofers appropriate for a room my size? Should I get four Atmos speakers on my ceiling?

Any recommendations for Subs, Rear, or Atmos speakers around my budget will also be appreciated.

I am looking forward to building my first Hi-fi System and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-12-19 at 6.43.32 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-12-19 at 6.43.32 PM.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 42
The Figaros are good. The other option from your list would be the Dalis. Give them a listen.

Hi,

If you intend to run the system in stereo mode a good choice would be to allocate a budget to a good 2 ch power/integrated amp ( personally I would prefer a Class AB ) & have them connected to the front speakers. Maybe you can save up a little on the atmos units by going for Polk RC60i.

I would also recommend to add the Monitor Audio Gold 200/300 to your speaker shortlist. They are great for music & HT duties too, used them extensively till I went predominantly on the stereo side.

I will also suggest to go power amp route along with the Cinema 50. I would put the front 3 on the power amp.

Hey everyone,

I am looking to set up an audio system for a large living space (floor plan attached) in a new house. My budget for the same is around 10 lakh (can push a little if necessary), it will be used for listening to both music (classic rock, jazz, and punjabi mainly) and watching movies (mainly action). I am hoping to get some advice primarily regarding the choice of AVR, floor-standing speakers, and subwoofer.

I have demoed the Figaro speakers and like their sound but am willing to try any other floor-standing pair for around 4 lakh. My list includes KEF R-7, Dali Rubicon 6, and Polk Audio Legend L800. My questions are whether I should add any others to the list. And whether you kind people have any preferences among those listed. I am also based in Nashik and can travel to Mumbai and Pune to demo any suggestions.

As I am relatively inexperienced I would also like to know if my allocation among the components is appropriate. I feel that as the system will run in stereo mode a large amount of the time, the floor standing and AVR demand most of my budget. Is that correct? Are two subwoofers appropriate for a room my size? Should I get four Atmos speakers on my ceiling?

Any recommendations for Subs, Rear, or Atmos speakers around my budget will also be appreciated.

I am looking forward to building my first Hi-fi System and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

I would suggest not to reveal your actual budget to any dealer for this setup. Make sure you audition and short list what you like in terms of looks and performance. Trust your ears! You can shortlist the best from all you auditioned and post over the forum for further guidance. We all can suggest / recommend...final decision lies with you.

Mansahej...I'd suggest that you buy an all Focals speakers system they're likely the best for the budget...and then spend on an AVR. Spend more on the speakers and less on the amplifier.

Would suggest a 15 inch subwoofer if your hall is big. Else 2 Rythmik fvx12.

Which dealer have you got your quotes from , thebest prices i have seen for the AUDIO SOLUTION FIGARO S have been around 4L, which is why im asking. Please DM me your dealers contact if possible

Hi
Congratulations on the dive

You would find a variety of advice here
It would get confusing too

You are in the right track

If you've heard it
The above options you mentioned are great

AUDIO SOLUTION FIGARO S rated RMS power is 90 Watts , seems to be less at this price point.

You may look at XTZ M6 .M8 THX speakers.
JBL synthesis.
B& W CT series.
Adrenal Monitor THX series.

Subwoofer you may choose REL 1508 predator (15" Sub) , would be more powerful . You may think of 2nd Sub later if needed.
Going with Dul subs sometimes have sync issues in the room , it requires proper calibration and may need additional DSP device.
At this budget you may consider going with preprocessor+ Power Amps route (instead of AV receiver) which will provide you more power, Kick and clear sound.
Or at least you need to add Power Amps to your List and u may hook up with MARANTZ CINEMA 50 (or ) you may choose other cheaper models with preout options with 5.1.2 channel AVR.

REL 1508 predator sample:

Have you budgeted for room treatment ? Do not underestimate this. If there is no plan for acoustics, then a lower powered smaller setup is better. Also, I second another poster's suggestion to add a 3 channel amp for the LCR. You can even go for a slightly lesser AVR and budget for the 3 channel amp. When you free up the LCR from the avr, it frees up power reserves and easily drives the rest of the channels to optimum performance. Also, the 3 channel amp will drive the LCR to optimum performance. This is the biggest upgrade one can do while dealing with all in one avr setups.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back