Need an advise/help

ANILKUMAR

Need an advise : Can someone tell me the maker of below CARTRIDGE. I just have a logo "MASTER" imprinted on its front and TOP print is completely gone.
It's a huge cartridge.(size: 2.0cms X 4.0cms)

MASTER_zpsanifpilz.jpg

They look like ceramic cartridge manufactured by miro accoustics . I have a similar cartridge . Even some early pioneer cartridge (Ceramic) looks very similar

Thanks Mr. Kuruvila.
Searched through the net... could not find a image similar to this yet...if you could come across a similar one, in net kindly let me know.
I am in search of a needle for the same.

Anilkumar, could you post better photos, especially of the red stylus grip?

A ceramic cartridge usually has a yoke assembly that holds the cantilever. No such construction is seen here. Before looking for a stylus, better make a 100% identification of the cartridge type. You can do the following tests.

Take a steel pin or sewing needle, and check if it gets attracted towards the nose of the cartridge. I mean the front portion that is hanging above the red stylus grip. This is to confirm if there is a magnet in the nose. If this test is positive, the cartridge is Induced Magnetism type. If the first test is negative, than connect the cartridge to your mm phono input stage and switch on the amp at moderate volume. Now insert the pin/needle in the shank hole and gently wiggle it around. If sound comes from the speakers than the cartridge is identified as a Moving Iron type. If this fails then take an old damaged mm stylus that has no further use and remove the cantilever from the shank tube. There shall be a tiny magnet at the end of it. Insert this in the shank hole and wiggle around to check if the speakers produce any sound. If this test is positive then the cartridge can be confirmed as a Moving Magnet type.

If all three tests as above are negative then the cartridge is either a ceramic or dead one.

HTH

I know it has no stylus, am talking about the RED stylus grip, back side of that is seen in your photo, I requested you to show the cantilever side.

If you do the tests that I suggested, we shall know whether it is IM, MI, MM or ceramic and that would help me and others here suggest a replacement stylus or even make a juggad assembly.

It is an obscure cartridge, definitely not a high performance one.
It is possibly made for Channel Master, an American brand.

Regards,

Frankly, I do not think you should dig too deep and get a stylus for it. As suggested by analogadikt, it may not be a high permforing one by the look of it. I certainly think it is either a ceramic cart or induced magnet type where the stylus portion will induce the cart to become a magnetic cart and without the original cart replacement, you cannot use it . I do have similar looking cartridges. I am trying to locate and send you some pictures

I think I've seen one of theses just a few days back at a shop...

It's a MM cart and stylus from Classic 700 series would fit into it.

classic 700 stylus is much smaller for this one.
Anyway I will wait or do some manual labor to make it work....whenever some time permits.....
It may or may not be worth spending time....but just a fun to make it see work..... :) , as it came fitted with a Lenco L75...just curious to know what it sounds like........

Thank you all for spending your valuable time for replying.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back