Need Assistance on Home theater set up

asaldharan

Hi All,

I need some guidance on choosing a home theater system.

I have a Samsung LED which has optical audio output. Without having knowledge on optical output, I bought Philips ( Model: Dsp65u) home theater which has 96w RMS power. So now I cant able to connect my TV with this home theater since the HTB doesn't have a optical in..

My Questions are below;

1. If I look out for home theater player alone( without speakers) would I be able to get?

2. Or, If I choose a amplifer with optical input, Can I hook these same speakers to amplifier?

The point is I want to connect my TV to a HTB.

Any other alternative ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi!

What is the model no. of your TV?

I think you can connect to the home theater using the AUX input of your home theater and audio out of your TV. Your TV might have option to use red & white cables or there will be one 3.55 mm jack for audio output.

Do not attach the speakers of the home theater directly to an amplifier they will not be able to handle that much power, they are designed to work with the home theater only but may be attached with other similar home theater systems.

You can use an AVR to drive the Philps speakers, but soon you will be thinking of upgrading the speakers. So better sell that HT ASAP and get an Onkyo 3400/3500.

Thank you, Ketan and Baiju...

Ketan - My TV doesn't have a red and white output, instead it has optical output. Already I am enjoying all my movies through headphone jack output only. The sound seems good but I wonder how the sound will be if I heard through optical output.

The main purpose I bought the HTB is for TV only.

TV model - UA32d5000PRMXL.

Thanks

Hi Ketan,

My TV doesn't have a red and white audio output instead it has optical output. Already I am enjoying all my movies through headphone jack output only. The sound is quite good but I wonder how it will be If I heard through optical output.

TV Model is UA32D5000PRMXL

If it has optical output then you will get true surround sound from USB provided the movies have 5.1 audio. An AVR is essential for decoding the signal.

Hi All,

I need some guidance on choosing a home theater system.

I have a Samsung LED which has optical audio output. Without having knowledge on optical output, I bought Philips ( Model: Dsp65u) home theater which has 96w RMS power. So now I cant able to connect my TV with this home theater since the HTB doesn't have a optical in.
Thanks[/QUOTE
Asal Thala,

If you really interested on music side\Movie(Theater Sound:)) and plans to invest sufficient budget AV components, then go forward to get an amp and new speakers. Say 25K Max would make a entry level Audio set-up.But no other go you need to make a Post in Quickr or OLX for your "Dsp65u",coz you never turn back at them later.
Else
Get a Optical to RCA converter and enjoy the Sound from Dsp65u:eek:hyeah:

Hi Audio freek,

Thanks for your idea...I am also thinking for the same...I didnt get any positive feedback on optical to RCA converter.

Can you tell me which speaker is best for Yamaha and onkyo receiver( not yet decided the model?

There are much choice like whrafs,Sonodyne,MS Aviano,PSB image etc which does pair fair with yamaha,
So choose the receiver and can move with speakers choice.Audition it and then "own it" to enjoy.

So wats ur budget?

My budget is 30k max if I go for receiver and speaker seperately.

But my another mind tells me to get a Yamaha YHT 196 home theater package. It seems this system is same as like other yamaha receivers..

Is this a Good Choice?

Yamaha YHT 196 should be good for HT under your budget,as setting amp and speakers would cost you around 40-50k atleast.

Adding some stars to Yamaha YHT-196,It has good review from our forum members too.Some had issues in Less bass.So with your budget you can own a separate Sub(On your choice,and feel Bass is not enough) for 10k from Indian Brand.

Refer
http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/28044-purchased-yamaha-yht-196-today-20-999-a.html

So wait for some offers or discounts for New year and grab the HT Enjoy it.

Am big fan for Yamaha using "Yamaha DSP amp" as stereo, I lOVE IT MUCH

Audio Freek - Yes. I cant afford that much. The YHT 196 doesn't have Dolby true HD and want to know its really a big concern...Even I don't think my TV has true hd, it has Dolby digital and Dolby digital pulse and DTS.

I think the problem will be there if I buy a Player that have true HD..

Here is my TV specification link. Pls let me know YHT 196 is a best pair for my TV.

Support for UA32D5000PR

This HT is also not having a USB input. So I can plug my USB to my TV and optical output from TV to HT to get a surround effect. Right?

Audio Freek - Yes. I cant afford that much. The YHT 196 doesn't have Dolby true HD and want to know its really a big concern...Even I don't think my TV has true hd, it has Dolby digital and Dolby digital pulse and DTS.

I think the problem will be there if I buy a Player that have true HD..

Here is my TV specification link. Pls let me know YHT 196 is a best pair for my TV.

Support for UA32D5000PR

This HT is also not having a USB input. So I can plug my USB to my TV and optical output from TV to HT to get a surround effect. Right?

YHT196 is an older model and it is always better to go for the latest models. Someone in this forum posted that he demoed all these HTiBs and in his opinion Denon 1312XP is the best among these.

Dolby TruHD and DTS HDMA are HD audio formats and they are available in blu-ray players only.

USB port is not important because it can play only music files.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back