Need guidance for wireless headphones

warrior047

Hello all,
Looking for detailed and good sound stage capable headphones. No way to demo at my place. Also open to buy from US provided there is warranty in India. Hence need your suggestions pls!!

My usecase - 50% music and 50% movies. Strictly wireless and BT. I have considerably large ears as my PX7 was comfortable but barely just covered my ears inside the cups. Hence ear cups needs to be at-least PX7 size. Also ANC is not that vital for me as its mostly for home use. Music listening when i go for a walk or working, and movies at night so that I don't disturb my folks.

Earlier i used to have B&W PX7 but they broke within 6 months, probably due to some fall or other impact or so, am not sure as my 3 yr old daughter took them at that time! Having said that, i found them great for movies rather than music, as for music, i had to turn up the volume to enjoy its fullness and it wouldn't give me that thump or fun at lower or regular volumes. I also found its music was a tad brighter for me, with higher bass than I could bear. But the sound was fun and exciting!

Currently - am looking out of below options - Focal Bathys, B&W PX7S2e, Audio Technicia ATH-M50xBT, Momentum 4. I almost ordered Bathys as I very much liked their design and also rave reviews, but getting stuck as i haven't heard them and wasn't sure about the movies use case. Big NO to Airpods Max as of now as newer version is expected next year or so and its very expensive, almost equal to Bathys in India.

Not considering XM5 as their earcups are horribly small for me and my ears pop on them! But, it would have been a great deal for my money and value.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back