Need help buying TV

aafi

Hello All,

I am planning to buy my first flat screen TV and need your advise.
Viewing distance is 10 feet, so I decided on a 32". I am going for HD ready model, as full HD doesn't matter on a 32"
With all the different LED-LCD TV/Smart TV in market, its a bit confusing on deciding which one to buy.

I have narrowed down my search to LG 32LN571B

Reason why I chose the above model:
Good view Angle as comapred to Samsung.
IPS panel.
Time Machine feature (Helps recording live TV)

I am also considering Samsung SmartTV and SONY, but need advise.

the above model is listed for Rs. 31738 on SnapDeal

Thank you all.

Hi, welcome to the forum. Regarding your viewing distance of 10 ft a 32 inch will definitely fall short. For that distance 42 inch should be ideal. If you are not opposed to HD Ready the best option available to you is the 42 inch LG Plasma 42PN4500. IMO it is the best value for money option in the market which is coming at a price tag of 37k approx. And then why to go for 32 inch when a 42 inch is in range

The 32LN571B was one of the models I liked too but in comparison to Sony, the colors were a little washed out. And the contrast was a little off due to the IPS panel, I guess. But it carries a tremendous feature-set.

Time Machine feature (Helps recording live TV)
Just make sure you understand that this works only for RCA input - you cannot record when the signal's via HDMI or other sources. So recording HD channels is not possible.

the above model is listed for Rs. 31738 on SnapDeal
That's a very nice price and Snapdeal has 3% OFF on televisions, so you get to save another 940/-

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions.
My house is under renovation, after the furniture adjustments, I now measure the view distance and it is somewhere between 5-6 feet.

Are there any other Smart TV's that you may recommend, what about Sony, Samsung, Panasonic ?

Check Sony HX750 or NX650 if you're into 32".

Thank you for your suggestion.
Both the above SONY models are around 40K and also 3D TV.
I am running short on budget and looking for something in a range of 35-37k.
I am not too excited about 3D, due to lack of content.

does anyone has any suggestions on Panasonic Viera

While I am still deciding on a new TV set, I came across This Android Smart TV Box.

I googled more such Smart TV Box and found this one to be 1 of the best.
I was wondering if I can invest my money in a good LED TV minus the Smart TV feature and get this Smart Tv Box for online content.
The best thing about this Smart TV Box is that it has an Android OS, which gives us access to plethora of Applications.

What do you guys think ?

I plan to buy 32inch tv soon too, how is Toshiba guys,i prefer sony and samsung but toshiba's got 3 years warranty.

While I am still deciding on a new TV set, I came across This Android Smart TV Box.

I googled more such Smart TV Box and found this one to be 1 of the best.
I was wondering if I can invest my money in a good LED TV minus the Smart TV feature and get this Smart Tv Box for online content.
The best thing about this Smart TV Box is that it has an Android OS, which gives us access to plethora of Applications.

What do you guys think ?

BUMP

Guys need your suggestions, I am yet to buy a LED TV.
Using Android Smart TV Box I can turn any dumb TV to Smart.
So now my research has turned into another direction.

Need your suggestion for a Non-Smart TV, with good PQ and sound quality.
Please suggest.

Thank you.

Hi,

Before I purchased a Toshiba 32 inch LED, I did window shopping at Vijay Sales / E Zone / Croma to see what was available, what looked good and sounded good. Most important was the connectivity options and USB port.

For me the Toshiba PU series appealed big time. it had everything I wanted in terms of connectivity, 28 movie format usb port and front soundbar....ofcourse I did not purchase from Vijay Sales but did get it almost 6k cheaper with 3 years warranty.....

It is working fine, my 3 friends have picked the same model and are enjoying the experience. This also comes in 40 inch.....

All the best..it all depends on your budget and what appeals to you.

Hi,

Before I purchased a Toshiba 32 inch LED, I did window shopping at Vijay Sales / E Zone / Croma to see what was available, what looked good and sounded good. Most important was the connectivity options and USB port.

For me the Toshiba PU series appealed big time. it had everything I wanted in terms of connectivity, 28 movie format usb port and front soundbar....ofcourse I did not purchase from Vijay Sales but did get it almost 6k cheaper with 3 years warranty.....

It is working fine, my 3 friends have picked the same model and are enjoying the experience. This also comes in 40 inch.....

All the best..it all depends on your budget and what appeals to you.

Thank you for the reply,
My budget is upto 35K.

Back