Need help deciding 2.1 setup

beekay

Hi Guys
Im pretty much new to the forum, but im obsessed with good sound from my childhood.

I have decided to go for a 2.1 system and i have auditioned a few during the past several weeks in bangalore,

1 Yamaha
2 KEF
3 Polk Audio
4 Elac
5 Jamo

and i find my personal rating as 42531

I have a Denon 1920 DVD player and need to finalise a AV receiver and a pair of floorstanders (preferably) and a good sub
I might be upgrading to a 5.1 0r 7.1 in the long run as im not a move buff now, but a few movies here and there wouldnt hurt:)

basically i listen to western classics, movie sound tracks, new age etc

My budget is around 100K (40K for AV receiver+6o K for fronts+ 15 K for SW)all flexible by 15%

I am a bit prejudiced towards marantz than a denon receiver as i feel denon is a bit forward sounding. (emphasized when paired with yamaha floor standers) and marantz is more musical and natural if you know what i mean...But i have no idea of which combination is more synergic

My hall is 15X12 and the listening space is about 10 ft frm the speakers

So guys , help me out to decide what to go for...I dont mind going to chennai or coimbatore for an audition

Thanx
BK

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back