Need Help for SONY Amp/Dvd combo

john b

hi to all,

My friend is using a sony dvd 5.1 hometheatre system for 2years (model DAV-DZ660k). Rs.29990/- (Picture-1)

The problem is that the main unit of system is damaged and not in usable condition. He called me and asked me for help buying new amplifier or a/v receiver for the existing sony speakers. I checked the compatibilty of the speakers for usng it with other brands amplifiers. The sony speakers were 3ohms in impedance. Many of the other brands amplifiers or a/v receivers were compatible for only 4ohms impedance to 8ohms impedance speakers and i suggested him that the sony speakers with 3ohms impedance will cause damage to the other amplifier of other brands, which does not have the same 3ohms impedance compatibility.

So, i suggested him better buy sony's basic model dvd hometheatre system, which the ohms/impedance compatible for all the sony speakers in its model range will be same and use the new amplifier with existing sony speakers.

But, i have some doubts that experts here plaese clarify me, the existing sony amplifier/speakers rated output is 144watts RMS x 5 and 280watts RMS for 8" Passive sub-woofer and all the speakers impedance is 3ohms.

Is it the right option go for a basic model, sony's basic model dvd hometheatre system (model DAV-TZ200) Rs.12990/- (Picture-2), this models amplifier/speakers rated output is 83watts RMS x 5 and 85watts RMS for 6" Passive sub-woofer and all the speakers impedance is 3ohms. Can we use this models amplifier to the old existing sony speakers, which has the same ohms/impedance matching.

So, please tell me if im wrong in this issue for choosing an basic model amplifier for the higher model speakers.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DAV-DZ660K.jpg
    DAV-DZ660K.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 40
  • DAV-TZ200.jpg
    DAV-TZ200.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 40
Hi

Always the power of the amplifier has to be more than that of the speakers so that the amp will not have any strain in driving the speakers, so your matching sony 2 to sony 1 is not advisable more over when he buys sony 2 what will he do with the speakers that comes with it ? The best advice is to get it repaired or to go for entirely new HTIB.

Regards
sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Tower for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

Back