Need Help - got 242 turntable

Tejeshwarsingh

Hello everyone!
recently I bought a Philips 242 turntable in mint Condition with Cartridge .
Now I need a little guidance that what all do I need to go along with it ?
do I need a pre phono amp or will I get one amp which has inbuilt pre phono amp ?
and what speakers can I buy to go along with this ?

Attachments

• 736B1D86-224E-48F7-BC1A-5528CE9C13C5.jpeg
    736B1D86-224E-48F7-BC1A-5528CE9C13C5.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 18
Congratulations on your new purchase. You require a decent integrated amplifier which comes with a phono input and a pair of bookshelf speakers to start with your TT. You can also buy a separate phono preamp and connect it to your amplifier using a standard RCA. I would buy a marantz amp and q acoustic or wharefedal diamond speakers to connect this Philips TT. My preference would be marantz for its musicality and the above mentioned speakers for warm sound. BTW which cart and stylus have you planned to use?
Regards

Hi,
Philips 242 has high quality, low output ceramic cartridge which can be connected to phono input of any popular amplifier like Marantz or Denon with matching bookshelf speakers such as Polk S20/KEF Q150 or wharfedale. Ceramic cart has its own advantages & disadvantages. It is better to upgrade the cart.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back