Need help in choosing a LP player

I think you should get a project or a rega it will cost a bit but in my experience it will be more fulfilling than the others. Factor in a phono stage in your budget too.

For some reason, turntables have a huge mark up in India. Pro-ject/ Rega are absurdly priced. If possible try to buy abroad and hand carry. I have done the same with the table and may dozens of LPs.
Somehow I didn't like any of the Pro-ject upto £500 mark. I know I am a minority.
I bought a cheaper stop gap (Denon DP400 - £350) to taste the waters. After a year upgraded with separate phone stage and cartridges (another £550 :) )
After a happy few years I'm on the verge of spending 3 to 4 times as much and retire with it.
Turntables are tricky business. Don't pour in a lot of money initially. Vintage/ 2nd hands may require lots of upkeep. Mentioned Denon/Marantz are not so great. You may consider some Audiotechnica or Sony in £200 to £500 range. They come complete with phono stage. AT models can take cartridge upgrades very easily, not so easy for a novice with Pro-ject/ Rega.
Every day new models are coming up. Won't lose anything by waiting a few months.

Can shift through price/ features/ reviews
If anyone travelling from USA / Canada then you can also look at U-Turn audio and Fluance RT series. They are good options

If anyone travelling from USA / Canada then you can also look at U-Turn audio and Fluance RT series. They are good options
Actually for that the Schiit Turntable + Mani is an unbeatable combo and beautiful to look at as well..but expensive based on the Budget...

Last edited:
Does Schiit manufacture turntables?
All fancy pantsy

Actually for that the Schiit Turntable + Mani is an unbeatable combo and beautiful to look at as well..but expensive based on the Budget...
Nowhere in his budget.

My existing setup is a Pioneer HM86 network streamer and amplifier + a pair of Dali Zenzor 1 bookshelves. It is quite basic.
Love listening to classic rock.
Do you already have a stock of vinyls in good condition? If not, don't bother. Vinyls are expensive, high maintenance, requires 3 times as much spending to get 'similar' quality as ordinary CD player and streaming. Constant itch to upgrade. Poor availability of classic rock vinyls in India. I have built my present collection almost entirely by buying abroad.
Entry level setup simply won't cut it. You will start comparing it with CD. You must have passion and be ready to suffer for it.
I'm not trying to be a spoilsport. I'm a 2nd generation vinyl lover with hundreds of vinyls, new and very old. It takes a lot to be in it. Go for it only if are willing to spend the money and time it demands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back